Allocation Resources

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I was in class tonight and some kid there was telling me that he plays Battlefield 3 on ULTRA with a 5770! I told him he was out of his mind! Saying that I get avg 50-60 on 2 GTX 460's, there is NO WAY that card can dish out that kind of performance!!! I tried to get all the details and what not... He says he plays 1080p, with FULL settings(HBAO, MSAA, all that stuff...)! Here is how he says it works... He claims to have 8 gigs of RAM and an AMD PhenomIIx4BE(either 965 or 955) and he alocated a core to run WITH his GPU, also he makes the game use more RAM than normal by the same process. My question is, is this stuff possible or is this kid just trying to sound badass..... I know you can allocate resources and stuff like that but I still don't think he is running at that level.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Yeah... BS to the MAX!!!! I just needed conformation! LOL!!! I thought I was going crazy for a sec... He's got a friend in the class that swears because they have 8 or 12 GB of RAM they can max ANY game out with a low power GPU!