Profile page not working?

So today I decided to get on my profile page here on tomshardware and to change my profile picture, and show the specs of my computer after I made a post. But when I got there and clicked to change profile picture nothing happens, and same with all the other options, none of the work. So I am not sure what the root of the problem is but I just wanted to let you all know!
10 answers Last reply
More about profile page working
  1. What do you mean by "nothing happens"? As in, the picture doesn't change, or you just get a blank screen, or what? Changing your profile picture (or avatar) requires it to be approved by an administrator before appearing, and even then there's often a few hours of delay before the change takes effect. A number of forum functions happen as a batch process on a schedule, and I think avatar changes are one of those things.
  2. Ah, the JavaScript issue.
  3. First of all what I mean by, nothing happens is when I click any of the buttons (Change profile picture, badges, change password) non of them work. I click them, and its like its a dead link or something... My mouse says that the page is loading or about 5 seconds and then the webpage stays the same, I don't go to a new web page and nothing on the web page changes.

Second I am using google chrome, but I will try ie9
  4. Well apparently that was a google chrome fail... Works fine in Ie9, thanks guys
  5. Can you right-click on a link that doesn't work, select "copy link address" and paste the result here? Make sure you're doing it from Chrome. We'll be able to see immediately if it is a problem with JavaScript or not.
  6. Also, is your java up to date?
  7. Joe,

FWIW, Java & JavaScript and actually 2 different languages.

Greg
  8. You know what... I apparently had a google chrome extension that I didn'nt know about that was blocking the content, right as I turned it off the page loaded.
Ask a new question

Read More

Site Bug Reports Computers Tom's Hardware