PLEASE HELP, BIG PROBLEM

lillazy23

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
hey guys I need help getting this problem fixed. I have tried everything but cant figure out problem. First of all heres the components to my pc

AMD 1.2
Asus A7V133
Asus Geforce GTS2 deluxe
256mb crucial ram
Quantum 40gb ata100
SB x-gamer

Ok the problem starts when im playing a game, about 10 minutes into counterstrike all of a sudden the game freezes and the sound keeps looping. So far I have updated bios to 1004, installed latest promise drivers, installed via 4in1 4.29v driver, installed detenator 3 drivers. But I still keep freezing for some reason. I tried formatting and doing a clean install but im still getting same thing. I have tried uninstalling via and promise drivers thinking maybe that was the problem but still nothing. I even tried uninstalling detenator3 and using asus7700 graphics driver. I dont think its a heat problem, im using FOP32-1 with arctic silver compound and temp is idle at 50c. Any help is greatly appreciated

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Fltsimbuff

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2001
Sounds to me like either your CPU or video board is overheating, and locking you up... I used to have the same problem, and with proper cooling, it went away.

--Fltsimbuff