Sign in with
Your question

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T?

Last response: in Systems
January 29, 2012 6:04:37 PM

I will mainly be using my computer for video and photo editing and maybe some 3d modeling. I may do a little bit of gaming with my computer, but I'll mainly be using it for those purposes. How would the AMD Phenom II x6 1090T processor suit my needs?

Link: Newegg

More about : amd phenom 1090t

January 29, 2012 7:09:35 PM

The Phenom II x6 is a great decently priced CPU for video editing and heavy CPU threaded applications. I would say it's a perfectly fine CPU to go with. If you are to build a system around the Phenom II x6, then go with an AM3+ motherboard for upgradeability to the FX later down the line.
a b À AMD
January 29, 2012 7:42:29 PM

Definitely an AM3+ motherboard and unless you need onboard video its best to use a board with a 970 or 990 series chipset

The X6 is not the better than the X4 Phenoms for gaming , but its not worse either , and it is very good for editing and 3D modelling and encoding

Get an AM3+ motherboard and use RAM that is rated at 1.5 volt or less for future upgrade compatibility

Related resources
January 29, 2012 7:50:22 PM

r0aringdrag0n said:
The Phenom II x6 is a great decently priced CPU for video editing and heavy CPU threaded applications. I would say it's a perfectly fine CPU to go with. If you are to build a system around the Phenom II x6, then go with an AM3+ motherboard for upgradeability to the FX later down the line.

Cool, I didn't know that AM3 processors were compatible with AM3+ boards.
January 29, 2012 7:55:00 PM

Yes, AM3+ motherboards are backwards compatible with AM3 socket CPUs, however, most AM3 motherboards WILL NOT support AM3+ CPUs
!