Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDownfall

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I built my computer, its been running fine, i was gone for 2 days and now when i turn it on, nothing shows up on the moniter, yet EVERYTHING is working,,, the psu, cpu, gpu, everything. I reset the ram and placed the sticks in every possible place, so that ruled out a RAM failure, no way both sticks corrupted in 2 days. Help me please :(

no beeps, i never had any beeps, even when it was working. cpu get warm, graphics card get warm, fans are spinning, hdd gets warm, disk drive opens, i even vacumed out all the dust and switched around the ram.

ASUS P8P67 LE MoBo
intel i7 2600 (no k) @ 3.4 GHz
GeForce GTX 570
700 watt psu
8GB ram, corsaire (dual)
1tb hdd @ 7200 rpm, hitachi i believe
a random disk drive, it that matters, moniter works, i tried with another computer, same with the cable.
I also tried taking out both ram sticks
Im runing out of ideas...
Oh the computer starts, but screen is black, no access to bios... or safe mode...

Help,,,, this was an expensive build, and i dont want some money hungry company to hold it hostage...

TheDownfall

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
oh yeah.. nothing changed in the two days, nothing hit it, no heaters around it, i always unplug the power supply in case of a surge... so please please please help me...... im gonna cry soon D'X

larkspur

Distinguished
First check to make sure your monitor is set to the proper input.

Then try clearing the CMOS - follow your motherboard's instructions.

Then try a known-working graphics card if available.

If none of that works then you need to start some in-depth troubleshooting using your motherboard's power-on-self-test (POST). You may need a PC speaker to hear the beeping (see the thread), but I've used boards that output their POST through their onboard audio jack (the green one). But this thread gets you going: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Many people "breadboard" when they build a new system, there is an example presented by jsc linked toward the end of the first post in the above-linked thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.