Will my rig handle 2 Zotac 560 ti AMP! In sli? Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameranew22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Hi all and thanks for looking at my question. I just bought 2 zotac 560 ti AMP! Gpus and plan to either sell them after the prices rises again or to keep them and sli them. My question is whether or not I should keep my brand new evga 560 ti 448 FTW (if it works with my psu) or sli my zotacs and, possibly, get a new psu

Here are my specs and the best stats I could find on the zotac for power consumption:

Power consumption stats - http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/zotac_gtx560_1gb_amp_sli_review,10.html

asrock P67 extreme4 1155
Crucial m4 64 gb ssd
1 tb wd caviar had
Hitachi. 2 X 48X cd/DVD Rw optical drive
1tb wd external hd
I5-2500k sandy bridge (not overclocked)
2 X 560 ti zotac amp! In sli

Thank you!

Everything in your system is fine to run even the most powerful GPU's.The only thing that may be a problem is what type of PSU your using.

What is the make/model of your PSU?

Basicly the GTX560ti 448Core version is just a slimed down version of the GTX570(Don't see what all the hype was about).

If your looking for the best performance "now" then a regular GTX560ti SLI is much more powerful than a single GTX560ti 448Core.
But if you want the most performance a little later then getting a 2nd GTX560ti 448Core for SLI would be the best.

@ OP
I don't understand how many cards you have, anyway 2 is always better than one. 2 GTX 560ti in SLI outperform a single GTX 580. The new GTX 560ti 448 for is pretty useless, a good OCed standard GTX 560ti can achieve similar results.

But you do need a new PSU.

Depends on the ocz psu you're mentioning; some of the ocz psus are good quality. Same goes for the cooler master psus everyone writes them off as poor quality when certain lines like the silent pro which I own are high quality

I wasn't discrediting your statement; just making those that view this thread that every company has their high end amd good quality merch. With that said, those brands mentioned have some horrible lines that should be avoided. If op is going to go with a new psu, corsair and seasonic as mentioned already are great brands and will suffice his need regardless of line from either brand

Status
Not open for further replies.