Sign in with
Your question

How is this Mobo / Grahphics Card?

Last response: in Systems
January 29, 2012 9:24:40 PM

I'm trying to select my parts for my first build. I came across this motherboard. It has an ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card built in. Is this a good motherboard (I saw a few reviews on Newegg complaining about compatibility issues)?

I will mainly be using this computer for video editing, photo editing, and 3d modeling (maybe a game or two, but gaming isn't that important to me). How will the ATI Radeon HD 4250 hold up for these tasks?

P.S. I'm going to use an AMD Phenom II x6 1090T CPU.

More about : mobo grahphics card

a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2012 9:58:00 PM

xspectrum said:
I'm trying to select my parts for my first build. I came across this motherboard. It has an ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card built in. Is this a good motherboard (I saw a few reviews on Newegg complaining about compatibility issues)?

I will mainly be using this computer for video editing, photo editing, and 3d modeling (maybe a game or two, but gaming isn't that important to me). How will the ATI Radeon HD 4250 hold up for these tasks?

P.S. I'm going to use an AMD Phenom II x6 1090T CPU.

I'm not a fan of AMD may I suggest you have to used an intel i7 2600K it suppoerts hyper threading ncessary for video editing and photo editing and 3d modeling as you mentioned. For the video card get a better one like ATI radeon 6950 or higher, and for the motherboard get a Board with a Z68 chipset.
m
l
January 29, 2012 10:05:26 PM

aqe040466 said:
I'm not a fan of AMD may I suggest you have to used an intel i7 2600K it suppoerts hyper threading ncessary for video editing and photo editing and 3d modeling as you mentioned. For the video card get a better one like ATI radeon 6950 or higher, and for the motherboard get a Board with a Z68 chipset.

That processor and video card are a little out of my price range.
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2012 10:10:50 PM

What kind of price range are you looking at, and what motherboard do you currently have that isn't doing what you want since you'll be using the same processor?

The Radeon 4250 is a poor GPU at best. It basically has the performance of stuff that was new 6-8 years ago, and calling it "performance" might not even be appropriate.

If you're keeping the same CPU and your current motherboard fulfills your needs then I would say just sink your money into a GPU. For around $200 US you can pick up a nice GTX 560 or 560 Ti which will be roughly 100,000 times better than that Radeon 4250, and you'll be able to accellerate video transcoding and possibly your 3D modeling depending on what software your using.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 29, 2012 10:20:42 PM

You are absolutely right but, It's not in his price range so what can we do? Well I'm just making some suggestions!
m
l
January 29, 2012 10:25:51 PM

87ninefiveone said:
What kind of price range are you looking at, and what motherboard do you currently have that isn't doing what you want since you'll be using the same processor?

The Radeon 4250 is a poor GPU at best. It basically has the performance of stuff that was new 6-8 years ago, and calling it "performance" might not even be appropriate.

If you're keeping the same CPU and your current motherboard fulfills your needs then I would say just sink your money into a GPU. For around $200 US you can pick up a nice GTX 560 or 560 Ti which will be roughly 100,000 times better than that Radeon 4250, and you'll be able to accellerate video transcoding and possibly your 3D modeling depending on what software your using.

I'm actually building a completely new computer, but I've made up my mind about what CPU I want to use. Thanks for the warning on the Radeon 4520. How's this GPU look (PNY VCGGT4301XPB GeForce GT 430)?
m
l
January 30, 2012 1:01:26 AM

Still pretty poor. Anything nvidia labled with a GT means home user and you can expect pretty poor 3D performance. A GT 430 would be about good enough for playing low res and low detail games and Bluray playback. It's basically not a whole lot better than the 4250 mentioned earlier and is probably equivalent to stuff that's 4-6 years old.

The cards your mentioning will do the job for you if you don't care about gaming, but what it will come down to is how much video editing you do and how much time you want to wait for file encoding. The more money you spend the less time you'll have to wait.

Check out the Tom's best GPU for the money articles, they cover all the price points and the best cards to buy in them.
m
l
!