Solved

I5 - 3570k Unlocked?

Hello! I have a question about what is difference of the "unlocked" 3570k and the regular 3570k, I know this question may sound n00bish but this has been a "pimple" in my thoughts.

Another question as well, I need a suggestion on which fan would perform well with the Cooler Master 212 EVO from either Noctua or Deep Cool brands.

Thank you in Advance
:hello:
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3570k unlocked
  1. Best answer
    Well any cpu from intel with a 'k' at the end of its name has an unlocked multiplier, meaning it can be easily overclocked.
    I am not familiar with performance fan lineups, but if you are blowing into a heat sink you want high static pressure, as the fins cause resistance and make it harder for the fan to blow through.
  2. Max1s said:
    Well any cpu from intel with a 'k' at the end of its name has an unlocked multiplier, meaning it can be easily overclocked.
    -snip-.

So its basically a regular 3570k but much more simpler to overclock?
  3. the p12 from noctua is their high pressure variant, but there are better out there.
  4. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608004 is the noctua fan that fits that cooler.

As Max noted, both the 3570k and the 3570k unlocked are the exact same unlocked processor. there is a spec sheet listed for the i5-3570, which would be the locked version on CPU World but it is listing the release date as 3rd Quarter 2012, so that's not out yet.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i5/Intel-Core%20i5-3570.html
  5. The 3570k is unlocked. There are no locked 3570k. Do not pay more for one somebody has labeled unlocked, it is the exact same chip as every other 3570k.
  6. SkiYakiToz37 said:
    So its basically a regular 3570k but much more simpler to overclock?

There is only a 3570K, it is unlocked, that's it. the 3570 is the locked variant. If someone is selling you the 'unlocked' 3570K for more than a 3570k, then it's scam.
  7. Thanks for the quick and knowledgeable answers :bounce:

My reason for asking this questions is because I'm about to buy parts next week!

Thanks Again!
  8. Best answer selected by SkiYakiToz37.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooler Master Intel i5 Product