or

MSI AMD Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC 2048MB GDDR5

fairly same price

which is better, link as well plz

i play mainly bf3, mw3, arkham asylym , assasin cred revelation

yeh i know pretty hungry games i play
13 answers Last reply
More about 6950 twin forza
  1. hd 6950 is definitely better see in the link!

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/293?vs=330

2. 6950 is about 6 percent better. If you are looking into a 6950 2GB though, look into getting one that you can mod to a 6970, I'm not sure if the TFIII can or not. You should read up on it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159
  3. Both cards are great. Since they perform similarly and cost about the same it really doesn't matter. Toss a coin ... GTX 560 Ti heads and HD 6950 tails.
  4. Just a forwarning if you play BF3 a lot. I have an MSI GTX 560ti and have had a lot of problems with artifacting and tearing issues in BF3. Enough to make me return and consider getting another card...these problems seem to be pretty common with the 560ti and 500 series in general.
  5. Both are excellent cards, you can't go wrong, and the 560ti is much better as a 2GB card for the newer games like BF3. I personally prefer the Nvidia drivers and would say go with the 560ti, the charts never include the 2 Gb versions , and the 560ti is a better overclocker than the 6950. Either way it comes down to personal choice , which ever card you get you will be happy with.
  6. http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159

check this link out then choose - best luck and regards

look for the cards with duel bois just to be safe and have a fall back
  7. pi
  8. Have you looked at the MSI GTX 560 TI Hawk yet? Its essentially the same price as the 560 TI 2GB Twin Frozr. As far as I could tell by reviews and such 2gb on the GTX card is a waste.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127578

I bought the MSI 560 TI Hawk for my rig and have been playing bf3 on high settings on a 1900x1080 monitor at no less than 55 fps, regardless of what is happening on screen. No driver issues, or artifacts or anything. It runs at like 72 degrees Celsius max on a full load with 60% fans so its not too loud either. I'm sure I could bump the graphics up to Ultra (with some advanced stuff off like AA and the like), and it would be manageable, but High settings look pretty damn good as it is.

I also play Skyrim at its highest settings without a problem, and I played the SWTOR Beta Weekend(It was AWESOME!) with out a hitch.

Also with this card, you have extra room to OC, even though its already OCed to 950 MHZ as compared to reference 822 MHZ. I've seen reviews where they push it past 1000 MHZ, but I've never noticed a problem.

I frankly love this card and was quite happy that I bought it. I was also looking at the 6950, but decided against it because it isn't supposed to OC very well, and my pre OCed Hawk came more highly overclocked (perecent wise ~15%) than any other card that I looked at. Therefore I felt it overcame the 5% difference in the reference 560 vs the 6950.
  9. endo224 said:
    Have you looked at the MSI GTX 560 TI Hawk yet? Its essentially the same price as the 560 TI 2GB Twin Frozr. As far as I could tell by reviews and such 2gb on the GTX card is a waste.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127578

I bought the MSI 560 TI Hawk for my rig and have been playing bf3 on high settings on a 1900x1080 monitor at no less than 55 fps, regardless of what is happening on screen. No driver issues, or artifacts or anything. It runs at like 72 degrees Celsius max on a full load with 60% fans so its not too loud either. I'm sure I could bump the graphics up to Ultra (with some advanced stuff off like AA and the like), and it would be manageable, but High settings look pretty damn good as it is.

I also play Skyrim at its highest settings without a problem, and I played the SWTOR Beta Weekend(It was AWESOME!) with out a hitch.

Also with this card, you have extra room to OC, even though its already OCed to 950 MHZ as compared to reference 822 MHZ. I've seen reviews where they push it past 1000 MHZ, but I've never noticed a problem.

I frankly love this card and was quite happy that I bought it. I was also looking at the 6950, but decided against it because it isn't supposed to OC very well, and my pre OCed Hawk came more highly overclocked (perecent wise ~15%) than any other card that I looked at. Therefore I felt it overcame the 5% difference in the reference 560 vs the 6950.

2gb depends on what resolution, and game OP is playing. BF3 for instance uses more than 1gb
  10. The 6950 is a tiny bit faster than the GTX 560 Ti, but since you are playing the Batman (series?) you might want to consider the Nvidia card.

The Batman series of games take advantage of Physx only available on Nvidia cards.
  11. Since you play the Batman Arkham games, there is no question you want the GTX 560 Ti in order to enable physx in those games. The 6950 does not support physx and the Batman games make extensive use of physx.

Since both cards are the MSI Twin Frozr variety, you would probably be happier to try overclocking on the GTX 560, which is known to have plenty of headroom and to scale better when overclocking than the 6950.
  12. 17seconds said:
    Since you play the Batman Arkham games, there is no question you want the GTX 560 Ti in order to enable physx in those games. The 6950 does not support physx and the Batman games make extensive use of physx.

Since both cards are the MSI Twin Frozr variety, you would probably be happier to try overclocking on the GTX 560, which is known to have plenty of headroom and to scale better when overclocking than the 6950.

agreed
  13. Good points to consider the 560ti, and anyone that says the 2gb vram is a waste of time is crazy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product MSI-Microstar