stairs
Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

GTX 570 driver dosn't respond

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 30, 2011 12:20:23 PM

Hi Everyone,

My computer keeps freezing and going black and then back to normal again. It gives me the message that the GFX driver didnt respond but is now restored again and if I try running a game or open FireFox, closing a window, it freezes and goes black and back again. :sweat: 

I just boght this system 14 days ago and it has worked just fine untill now.


My system (windows 7 64-bit):

Motherboard: GA-Z68AP-D3

CPU: i7-2006K

GPU: GeForce GTX570

PSU: RaidMax RX-700AC 80+ Bronze

HDD: Seagate SATA3 7200rpm 1000GB

More about : gtx 570 driver dosn respond

a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2011 12:56:54 PM

Hi,

From the symptoms you gave us, it's clearly a GPU / GPU driver issue.

Do you have latest nvidia drivers installed, all windows update ?

You might have to send it back to be replaced .
Score
0
November 30, 2011 2:35:15 PM

dextermat said:
Hi,

From the symptoms you gave us, it's clearly a GPU / GPU driver issue.

Do you have latest nvidia drivers installed, all windows update ?

You might have to send it back to be replaced .




I thought so too, so I tried installing all drivers from the 277,33 to the 285,62 and still the same problem.

Windows is up to date.

Maybe you'r right about sending it back.
Score
0
Related resources
November 30, 2011 2:41:30 PM

Quote:
What games are you trying to run?


Right now im running Skyrim, but just to be sure it wasn't a game issue, I tried opening WoW and the same **** happens.

You think I should replace the PSU? If so what would you recommend?
Score
0
November 30, 2011 3:56:18 PM

Quote:
I would recommend a corsair TX650 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It seems like the psu is the issue, and that one is not a good one 2x 23 amp rails.
Whereas the tx650 is lower wattage and 53 amps...


Ok thanks, 384-bit.

Is there any idea in buying a PSU with higher wattage for future upgrades now that I have to grab my wallet anyway?

Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2011 4:08:02 PM

Nikke said:
Ok thanks, 384-bit.

Is there any idea in buying a PSU with higher wattage for future upgrades now that I have to grab my wallet anyway?


Maybe, but a GTX 570 should last you for a few years and newer graphics cards will be on smaller dies which should reduce power requirements. Unless you plan on SLi, a good 600-800 watt power supply is perfect for most gaming systems.
Score
0
November 30, 2011 4:39:33 PM

Warmacblu said:
Maybe, but a GTX 570 should last you for a few years and newer graphics cards will be on smaller dies which should reduce power requirements. Unless you plan on SLi, a good 600-800 watt power supply is perfect for most gaming systems.


OK thanks.

Ill go for a new PSU and hope it solves the problem.

Thanks for your help! :) 
Score
0
November 30, 2011 4:59:59 PM

Quote:
The psu i chose is a decent unit and has brilliant reviews.
You only need more juice if you are planning on a dual gpu setup.


OK so if I was to do something stupid like replacing my GTX 570 with the 580, it would manage?

I'm asking because I just spoke to the guy selling me the system an hour ago. He now wanted to sell me a SSD and if I took the offer, he said he would replace the 570 with a 580 free of charge.

I asked him about the PSU and he told me that I should consider a higher wattage PSU.

So I just thought that maybe a TX850 would do the job?

Thanks for your time btw much appreciated :) 
Score
0
November 30, 2011 7:17:04 PM

Ok Thanks champ!
Score
0
November 30, 2011 7:17:49 PM

Best answer selected by Nikke.
Score
0
!