Xonar DG White Noise

mrcrazyshoes

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hi everyone,
I got the Xonar DG sound card for my custom PC and I have found a problem. With my headphones plugged directly into the output on the soundcard and the analog output setting on headphone, there is a slight buzzing or white noise sound that is very quiet but annoyingly noticeable. To try and get rid of this i turned off my onboard sound card in the BIOS settings and tried everything to get it to stop but unfortunately nothing seemed to work. When I have it on the 2 speaker setting the noise goes away but then the sound quality is not as good because its not using the headphone amplifier. The noise does not increase with volume, it is always the same. I hope you can help as this is extremely annoying. Also, if this is at all relevant, the sound card is very, very close to my HD Radeon 6770, its almost touching and I dont have any other PCI slots available as my video card is covering them up.
Thanks for your help!

mrcrazyshoes

Honorable
May 13, 2012
I tried today taking out my video card, which was blocking the other pci slot, and putting the sound card in the other pci slot and the noise went away. Looks like I need to buy a bigger motherboard!