Sigma lens repair in UK

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 19, 2005 1:19:39 AM

I have a Sigma 50-500mm EX lens which has served me well. It's obviously not
my main lens, but I do like to use it quite often for candids and wildlife
shots and I have had some nice results. However, the mechanism that locks
the lens down when it is fully retracted is broken - it can take many
moments of fiddling around before I can extend the lens and I have missed a
few shots because of this. Otherwise, the lens is fine.

I would like to get the lens repaired and before I start ringing around, I
thought I'd ask if anybody in here knows of a place I can try in the UK -
preferably an independent repairer with a good reputation. I'm not bothered
about the warranty issue - it's well out of warranty - but I would expect
the job to be done well!

Oh, and before anybody (you know who you are!) gives me the ususal "it's you
own fault for buying a Sigma" line, I couldn't afford the equivalent Canon.
There, I've said it!

Many thanks for helpful replies.

More about : sigma lens repair

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 1:34:45 AM

Mike wrote:
> I would like to get the lens repaired and before I start ringing around, I
> thought I'd ask if anybody in here knows of a place I can try in the UK -
> preferably an independent repairer with a good reputation. I'm not bothered
> about the warranty issue - it's well out of warranty - but I would expect
> the job to be done well!

Believe it or not Sigma UK give very good service, it's well
worth asking them first.

--
Regards

John Bean
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 9:06:06 AM

On Wed, 18 May 2005 21:19:39 +0100, Mike wrote:

> I would like to get the lens repaired

Sigma UK has a good service department & many of the repair works have
fixed price advertised in their support website. See :
http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/support/index.htm

Alternatively, you can take it to Jessops, they also have a good service
department.

--

Gautam Majumdar

Please send e-mails to gmajumdar@freeuk.com