Sign in with
Your question

Revamp of old build

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2012 6:45:26 AM

Ok, so this originally was going to be a slight update to my old system, now it seems to be turning more into a completely new rig.

Any advice or recommendations greatly received.

Approximate Purchase Date: End of Feb

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) £450

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, HDD, SSD, optical

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ebuyer.com

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Ok, so far i am looking at the following:

Mobo:Asus P8Z68-V LX
CPU:Intel Core i5 2500k
RAM:Corsair Red vengeance 8gb 1600mhz
Case:Coolermaster HAF 912
Additional Cooling:Coolermaster megaflow 200m red LED fan
PSU: Wasnt too sure on this as ive been caught by bad supplies before. The one i have been looking at is the Antec 520w High current Gamer

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Edit: Forget to mention, i currently am using a Radeon HD4850, i will be updating this in the near future to a HD6870, so any recommendations would need to be able to accomodate this.

More about : revamp build

January 30, 2012 6:57:08 AM

your choice of GPU is somthing i would change firstly! try to squeeze some more cash in and get the 6950...as you can unlock it to get 6970 preformance for far less!!! otherwise a good rig but i would change the HAF to an aerocool xpredator and maybe look at getting a bigger PSU...
a b B Homebuilt system
January 30, 2012 7:03:15 AM

p4nz3rm4d thanks for your response. I took a look at the aerocool, and nice as it is, it is £50 more expensive than the coolermaster.

With regards to the GPU i will look in to it, but is something i will come back to at a later date.

Do you have any recommendations on a PSU?
!