Can you help me with my first builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

blosek

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hi!, I'm new on this boards.
I'm planning to build 2 PC's one for my brother and one for me. The problem is that I don't know which motherboards to buy, so I was hoping you could give me some options.
we are going to use it mostly for watch movies and some gaming (not hardcore gaming). The thing is we are like little boys, we want the same thing but different... kind of hard to explain. here is what I plan to buy :

Brother:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core
GPU: GeForce GT 520
MoBo: Asus ???

Me:
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2
GPU: Radeon HD 6450
MoBo: Gigabyte ???

any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
What I'm looking for the motherboards to have is a 7.1 ch audio output, Micro ATX or Mini ITX Form Factor, and if it does come with an integrated video card (I prefer it doesn't have one) it should be the same brand as the one I want to use. Yes, I know I'm too picky hope you can help me with this. Oh and excuse my bad english if you found some grammar flaws

Solution
for the AMD build you are better off getting a Llano configuration. You won't need to buy a discrete gfx card so you will gain a lot of performance for the same price. Any A75 mobo will do for that purpose. Make sure you get 1600mhz ram
As for the intel/nvidia build, all i got to say is "don't do it". It is nowhere near the power of the configuration i just proposed.

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
for the AMD build you are better off getting a Llano configuration. You won't need to buy a discrete gfx card so you will gain a lot of performance for the same price. Any A75 mobo will do for that purpose. Make sure you get 1600mhz ram
As for the intel/nvidia build, all i got to say is "don't do it". It is nowhere near the power of the configuration i just proposed.

Solution

blosek

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Well I want the computers to use them as media centers, play some movies, some music and game emulators and/or some old games so you can see I don't need the extra power. I choosed to go with this build because it suit my needs. I don't plan to use them as gaming PC's at all just some casual gaming.
The thing is I can't seem to find a Motherboard that fills the description I'm looking for, thats why I'm here to see this forum can help me, if not I'll probably just pick a random motherboard.
thanks anyway and I will give a look to your suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.