Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which i5-2500k bundle is better?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 30, 2012 8:23:17 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: In 2 weeks

Approximate Using period : 2 years

Budget Range: £600 - £800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(BF3,SF4,PES2012,2k12,LOL), watching movies, surfing the internet

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
http://scan.co.uk
http://overclockers.co.uk
http://amazon.co.uk

Parts Required: CPU, MB, GPU, Wireless Card, PSU, HDD or (SSD if budget allow), DVD drive, Case

Parts Not Required: Mouse , Keyboard, Monitor, Speakers, Headset, OS

Country: United Kingdom, Portsmouth

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels



Bundle 1: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Sandybridge-i5-2500K-Quad...

Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155) by Intel £168.00

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit by Corsair £38.33

Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth Module) by Asus £149.98



Bundle 2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Z68-Extreme3-Motherboard-PCI-Ex...

AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard, Socket 1155, PCI-Express 3.0, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, 7.1 HD Audio, ASRock Instant Boot by ASRock £117.68

Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155) by Intel £168.00

G-Skill 8GBXL Ripjaws X for Intel Sandybridge Platforms DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz 8GB Kit by G-Skill £38.48

More about : 2500k bundle

January 30, 2012 8:36:53 AM

Ist bundle is better IMO but second one is good too.
January 30, 2012 8:45:30 AM

hellfire24 said:
Ist bundle is better IMO but second one is good too.


What's the meaning of IMO?

THANKS A LOT
Related resources
January 30, 2012 8:49:29 AM

equally good. The second is cheaper and the first offers front usb3, 2 more sata3 and a little sturdier make.
I'd say get the second. It has everything you will need, and with a cpu cooler like cm 212 you will do some OC too.
The ram from pack 1 is too tall creating complications with aftermarket coolers.
January 30, 2012 9:03:20 AM

vx53c said:
equally good. The second is cheaper and the first offers front usb3, 2 more sata3 and a little sturdier make.
I'd say get the second. It has everything you will need, and with a cpu cooler like cm 212 you will do some OC too.
The ram from pack 1 is too tall creating complications with aftermarket coolers.


Thankyou for your replay

BTW can you recommend PSU and GPU for me?

For the case I am going Coolermaster HAF 912 £69.95
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coolermaster-HAF-912-Plus-Mid...
January 30, 2012 10:15:14 AM

ok so the list would be

PSU: 750w Corsair Tx http://www.dabs.com/products/corsa [...] ntent=Q200 £79.99

GPU: EVGA 560 ti http://www.dabs.com/products/evga- [...] tml?src=15 £169.99

CPU: Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004FA8NX2/ref=ox_sc... £168.00

MB: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth Module) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005T3TLM6/ref=ox_sc... £149.98

RAM: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004CRSM4I/ref=ox_sc... £38.33

Case: Cooler Master Tower HAF 922 with Transparent Side Panel http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002FOEI0M/ref=ox_sc... £67.98


Total: £674.27

Still need a DVD write, wireless card and HDD and SSD

THANKS A LOT
January 30, 2012 10:18:40 AM

Yeah that would be perfect for gaming :) 

If you can afford the GTX 570 I would go with that, but if not the 560 ti Will be great.
January 30, 2012 10:52:08 AM

chaarlie said:
Yeah that would be perfect for gaming :) 

If you can afford the GTX 570 I would go with that, but if not the 560 ti Will be great.


I'd wait for the GTX600 serious release and do some upgrade later on

can you recommend a DVD drive(just for drivers installation), wireless card(for gaming coz my router quite far away from my room) and HDD and SSD for me?

THANKS A LOT
January 30, 2012 11:56:17 AM

you could use a single 6950 1gb for now and then add a crossfore 6950 when the prices drop for them and when you will need the extra gpu power. right now a single 6950 OC'ed can play anything at ultra. If you want to give a bit longer margin futureproof get a 6970 or a gtx570. If you want loads of power now you could get a 7970 though i would wait for rebranding and not reference models.

All these choices come hand in hand with the psu. If you are thinking dual cards now or in the future you have to go for a 850watt or a little bigger psu (not much more than that though)

If you are going to be spending a bit then you should consider ssd, start at 120gb

hdd prices are totally absurd. use one you already got or hang on with just the ssd and an external drive for your media files.

Remeber, these corsair sticks are really tall. Almost ALL aftermarket coolers will have a problem clearing it. The only way you can keep that ram and this cpu and overclock it is watercooling, which will cost you more than this bundle saves you.
January 30, 2012 6:27:22 PM

vx53c said:
you could use a single 6950 1gb for now and then add a crossfore 6950 when the prices drop for them and when you will need the extra gpu power. right now a single 6950 OC'ed can play anything at ultra. If you want to give a bit longer margin futureproof get a 6970 or a gtx570. If you want loads of power now you could get a 7970 though i would wait for rebranding and not reference models.

All these choices come hand in hand with the psu. If you are thinking dual cards now or in the future you have to go for a 850watt or a little bigger psu (not much more than that though)

If you are going to be spending a bit then you should consider ssd, start at 120gb

hdd prices are totally absurd. use one you already got or hang on with just the ssd and an external drive for your media files.

Remeber, these corsair sticks are really tall. Almost ALL aftermarket coolers will have a problem clearing it. The only way you can keep that ram and this cpu and overclock it is watercooling, which will cost you more than this bundle saves you.


Thankyou for youe comment

So can you suggest a 6950 list for me and which PSU should I use as I am going to upgrade to 6950CF later on?

I am not going watercooling as I know nothing about it,,which ram should I use?

THANKS A LOT
January 30, 2012 6:55:57 PM

Just go with the 560 ti and get either the 750w or 850w corsair
January 30, 2012 7:12:20 PM

I personally have and love the Gigabyte 6950OC 1gb that OCs for me at 920/1500 on stock voltage. Truth be told any credible 6950 will do the trick and the gains or losses are in the details.
When choosing a PSU i look for the most affordable one in it's class from these companies in this order:
Seasonic, Enermax, Lepa, Cougar, Antec, Corsair, XFX, OCZ
850watts are all you need. Check in with jonnyguru.com for a review on the choice you are going to make.
Ram, 2x4gb of 1600mhz flat low profile ram that runs at 1.65vcore or lower (lower the better).
Kingston, Corsair, Patriot, Adata, Gskill they are all good, so pick the one with lowest price among them
January 30, 2012 7:13:38 PM

chaarlie said:
Just go with the 560 ti and get either the 750w or 850w corsair

that is a very viable option too, and it is a matter of perspective which you will end up with. Just be aware that 560ti sli creates micro-stuttering while 6950xfire doesn't.
January 30, 2012 7:43:40 PM

Just go with vx53c... I'm not gonna win :) 
January 30, 2012 7:46:19 PM

chaarlie said:
Just go with vx53c... I'm not gonna win :) 

Everybody wins. Even personal preferences play a part. All is good.
I am just stating some facts. Many people don't even care about micro stuttering and they prefer physX. Both brands are great.
!