Windows 7 Recovery Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Simple question really:

When I built my PC and installed Windows 7 I made a recovery CD-ROM like it suggested. I'm now experiencing problems with my system and should all else fail (BIOS updates ect) then I shall attempt to load Windows from the recovery disk I made.

Will loading from the recovery disk lose all my data and effectively format my HDD? Is loading from the recovery disk basically like a fresh windows 7 install?

Solution
No to your questions. The recovery disk is not like a fresh install of Windows. The recovery disk will check your Windows 7 instlalltion files and if it finds any erros or missing files, then they will be replaced and allow windows to function correctly.

When you insert the disk, it does look like your are about to install Windows but trust me, you are not. Just select REPAIR from the menu options and it will do the rest.

Any probs, drop me a PM

JRock247

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
No to your questions. The recovery disk is not like a fresh install of Windows. The recovery disk will check your Windows 7 instlalltion files and if it finds any erros or missing files, then they will be replaced and allow windows to function correctly.

When you insert the disk, it does look like your are about to install Windows but trust me, you are not. Just select REPAIR from the menu options and it will do the rest.

Any probs, drop me a PM

Solution

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Thanks, I presumed it worked like this :)

Accidentally set this thread up as Discussion not Question, so I cant select best answer (wont allow me to edit either to change it). If a Mod could change this though or select "JRock247" as Best Answer and then close the thread it would be appreciated thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.