I need PhysX

Are you aware that its not that simple ? You cant just plug an Nvidia card in alongside a AMD card and it will work. You need a motherboard or card that supports this or you need special hacked drivers.
Unless there have been some changes which i am not familiar with of course that is.

Mactronix :)

Thegeek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Do these modified drives work so you can have Physx on a ATI card?

ababab

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
hi
i Installed ati 6950 and nvidia 210 for physx (i Installed lastest driver) but the nvidia didnot worke wen i go to control panel and then nvidia control panel he give me Message
( nvidia display setting are not available)
then i go to devise maneger and he say
(This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31))
haw i can fix it

Dogsnake

Distinguished
I suggest if you are so set on having Physx effects you sell the AMD card and buy one of the better Nvidia cards. Why put up with the problems your having and will have running conflicting drivers? The two card solution is a kludge that can work but is often problematic. GL

4745454b

Titan
None of those games use GPU accelerated PhysX. That's why I asked in my first post. 99% of the time when someone wants to get a card for PhysX, its been my experience that they play none of the games that support it.

Not only that, but the GT210 is too weak to handle large amounts of PhysX. It's been said that you need a GT240 or 9800GT to handle medium/large details of PhysX, and a GTS250/GTX260 to enable high on all games. (doesn't make any sense to go higher then a GTX260 as the GTX260 is good enough.) I suggest you return the card as it isn't going to help you in any way other then draw power and make your electricity bill higher.

lightus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
4745454b is completely right.

You may need to look up how PhysX works before acting. Only a very few games really use it. See: http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/Technologies/physx/games .

On top of this, it's a bit overrated. Sure it makes games a bit prettier, but it's probably not worth spending money on another piece of hardware (in my opinion). It's definitely not worth buying a new piece of hardware and jerry-rigging it together with AMD cards.

4745454b

Titan
Correct. IF you played some of those games AND you had an Nvidia card laying around then I could see doing it. But to go out and buy something for perhaps a game or two doesn't make sense to me. (though if you really love Batman:AA, Metro 2033, or Sacred 2 then perhaps its worth it to you.)

ababab

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
i contact nvidia that they say

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

This is Srivathsa, assisting you with the issue that you are experiencing.

I understand from your email that you are unable to use NVIDIA Control panel. Using both ATI card and NVIDIA GeForce 210 as dedicated card for PhysX.

I apologize, we cannot use both the ATI and NVIDIA graphic card together on the computer. For dedicating a card specifically for PhysX, you may use an Ageia card, but NVIDIA GeForce 210 is another graphic card and it conflicts with your ATI graphic card.

So is error code 32 in device manager. I apologize for the inconvenience.

However, Ageia PhysX cards are unfortunately not available in the market and you may have to search many stores for the availability.

I apologize, I could only find the BFG Ageia PhysX cards, but as the manufacturer BFG is now out of business, you may not be able to get the warranty on them.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but it is preferred to use only NVIDIA GeForce 210 graphic card alone on the computer.

Please feel free to contact us for any further clarifications.

Best regards,
Srivathsa.
NVIDIA Customer Care

Like others have said, you do not list any games that support GPU accelerated PhysX, so you don't need to do this. That said, if you still wanted to set it up, you'd likely want to use the GenL hack: http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/17706-hybrid-physx-mod-v1-03-v1-05ff.html

Here is a list of PhysX games on Nvidia's website. I thought there were a few more, but it's still rather small: http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/Technologies/PhysX/games

After going through their list of supported GPU's, I do not believe the 210 is supported. A 220 is, but not the 210. Btw, their new supported GPU page sucks compared to the old one: http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/Technologies/PhysX/supportedgpus

4745454b

Titan
How can we tell ababab that this idea won't work? Anyone know his native language? I get the feeling Maz does...

Edit: There was also a set of drivers that Nvidia put out that forgot to check to make sure there was no AMD card present. (things worked fine btw...) I think they were 210.xx or something like that. You might be able to find them online somewhere if you don't want to use the hack.