hello there,

guys my friend has a pc pentium4 it has following specs:
2.8ghz ht
1gb ddr400 (2x512mb)
40gb seagate hdd
no video card using built-in VGA
25watts psu
17" inch lcd i think it's an LG

now he has gotten it from last 2 weeks and today he comes to my home and says all about which he had been done with his pc.
he changes his moniter resolution to higher which i think his lcd can't support i don't know well how much max resolution is supported by 17" inch moniters
but he said everything work fine but when he restart his pc windows xp load up completey after it he gotten a messege that is "frequency out of range" but i didn't note the frequency i don't have any idea for it i've done everything removing of rams,cpu,hdd but after doing that the pc doesn't show display anymore it was just a black screen the cpu led comes up yellow and lcd also but showing nothing.

again i remove the rams done everything which was possible for me but display is still black keep in mind the pc haven't any video card it has buil-in VGA 128mb.plz i'm stuck and no way so plzz you guys can help me.

MANY THANKS!!

More about : display black

Best solution

November 30, 2011 4:48:35 PM

Boot the computer into safe mode. It will attempt to load the most basic drivers for the hardware, including the display driver. This will allow him to re-install the video driver which would reset the resolution.

Most PCs will boot into safe mode or display some advanced boot options by tapping F8 before the splash screen.

If you two need help figuring out how to mess with the drivers, google exactly what you need, such as 'how re-install video drivers.'

Hope that fixes it.
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2011 4:53:00 PM

but how the pc doesn't show display i mention above didn't see.
Score
Related resources
November 30, 2011 5:17:05 PM

this isn't very clear then

"when he restart his pc windows xp load up completey after it he gotten a messege that is "frequency out of range" but i didn't note the frequency"

After re-reading the message a couple times, you're saying that the monitor is solid black at all times and this only happened after reseating parts?
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2011 4:09:06 AM

yes, i mean i was there when the messege was on the screen "frequency out of range" after this i reseated all the parts and then display was not showing anymore after reseating the parts..understanddd.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2011 2:30:43 PM

Best answer selected by pro-gamer.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2011 2:31:51 PM

thanks mate! done it the screen black was the problem that cpu was not seated correctly now everything works fine!!!

many thanks.
Score
!