New canon 20D Firmware! V2.0.0

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b F Wireless
May 19, 2005 12:00:07 AM

<http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos20d/eos20d_firmware-e.ht...;

Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.

More about : canon 20d firmware

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 19, 2005 12:00:08 AM

<http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eo­s20d/eos20d_firmware-e.html>

>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.

That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to transmit
via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be using a 1D MK II.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 19, 2005 7:02:42 AM

Annika1980 wrote:
> <http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eo�s20d/eos20d_firmware-e.html>
>
>>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.
>
> That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to transmit
> via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be using a 1D MK II.

Spoken like a true amateur. The 20D is a great camera, and also a
popular backup camera for the 1D/1Ds Mark II cameras.

--
Whatevah / Jerry Horn
Jerry {at} Whatevah.com (working address)

Whatevah wrote:

> Annika1980 wrote:
>> <http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eo?s20d/eos20d_firmware-e.h...;
>>
>>>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.
>>
>> That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to
>> transmit via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be using
>> a 1D MK II.
>
> Spoken like a true amateur. The 20D is a great camera, and also a
> popular backup camera for the 1D/1Ds Mark II cameras.

I disagree - the word is spelt n-o-v-i-c-e.
--
neil
delete delete to reply

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in

> <http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eo­s20d/eos20d_firmware-e.html>
>
>>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.
>
> That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to
> transmit via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be
> using a 1D MK II.

The only reason a pro would use a 1D MK II is mass marketing and
lack of a better alternative. Even the Sigma SD10 outperforms the
MK II in terms of resolution and color, and it is a significantly
older and way lay less expensive model. That said, there isn't a
firmware upgrade in the world that could make the 20D anything more
than an overrated heap of junk.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 19, 2005 4:27:40 PM

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in news:1116468123.210094.68940
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> <http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eo­s20d/eos20d_firmware-e.html>
>
>>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.
>
> That's a silly feature for the 20D.

It certainly is not.

What is silly about the situation is the godawful price of the WFT-E1, at
"just" about 60% more than it's competition.

<snip>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 19, 2005 8:28:12 PM

Annika1980 wrote:
> <http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eo�s20d/eos20d_firmware-e.html>
>
>>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.
>

> That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to transmit
> via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be using a 1D MK II.

The 20D + wireless could be a good combo for many applications -
claims adjustment, law enforcement, contruction, inspections, small circ
papers, medical, dental - where a 1D Mk II would be overkill.

www.urbanvoyeur.com
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 20, 2005 2:28:15 AM

"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in message
<http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos20d/eos20d_firmware-e.ht...;

>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.

That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to transmit
via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be using a 1D MK II.

WRONG- studio i work at is waiting to get WI-FI transmitters to use on 20D
we use in studio. Pros use the 20D also and the Wi-Fi is a added tool in
doing the job better and faster than the next guy.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 20, 2005 2:31:25 AM

"EagleEyePhotography" <EagleEyePhotography@cox.net> writes:
> >Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.
>
> That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to transmit
> via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be using a 1D MK II.

Huh? I'm not a pro and if I could get a reasonably priced, compact
wifi unit for an amateur digicam, I'd buy it in a minute. Who wants
to mess with cables and card readers?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 20, 2005 7:02:24 AM

In message <Xns965B1334C973AxxxxSIGMASD10xxxx@81.174.12.30>,
George Preddy <george.preddy@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com> wrote in
>
>> <http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eo­s20d/eos20d_firmware-e.html>
>>
>>>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.
>>
>> That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to
>> transmit via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be
>> using a 1D MK II.
>
>The only reason a pro would use a 1D MK II is mass marketing and
>lack of a better alternative. Even the Sigma SD10 outperforms the
>MK II in terms of resolution and color, and it is a significantly
>older and way lay less expensive model. That said, there isn't a
>firmware upgrade in the world that could make the 20D anything more
>than an overrated heap of junk.

I've looked at the RAW data of many .x3f files, and I have to admit,
that they are actually very quiet, expecially if you add the three color
channels, to get a greyscale. However, there is almost *no*
differentiation between the color channels, meaning that color
discrimination is extremely volatile.

Furthermore, any picture taken with a 20D, with a sharp lens and good
technique, can be used to create an aliased SD10-like image, by
upsampling to 200 or 300%, and then cutting down to 2268*1512 with the
nearest neighbor algorithm. The "sharpness" of the SD10 is due to
box-sampling; the further sharpness of the SD9 is due to sub-sampling.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 20, 2005 4:23:43 PM

On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:00:07 GMT, "Mike Moffitt"
<Mlist@invalid.moffitt.us> wrote:

><http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eos20d/eos20d_firmware-e.ht...;
>
>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.

It's been out for over a month.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 20, 2005 4:24:26 PM

On 18 May 2005 19:02:03 -0700, "Annika1980" <annika1980@aol.com>
wrote:

><http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eo?20d/eos20d_firmware-e.ht...;
>
>>Add support for wireless file transmitter WFT-E1.
>
>That's a silly feature for the 20D. Only pros will need to transmit
>via the wireless transmitter, and most pros would be using a 1D MK II.

I'm not a pro and would like to be able to do that but I do design
wireless networks.

-James Nachtwey-
http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
!