Sign in with
Your question

What's my bottleneck?

Last response: in Components
May 14, 2012 8:13:39 AM

I have I5 2500k, 16g ddr3 1600, gtx 470 2-way sli on asrock p67 extreme 4 gen3 mobo. I am experiencing less than optimal (to my standards) fps in wow and in bf3 and I am wondering if a cpu overclock to 4ghz and dual gtx 670's would be a significant upgrade

More about : bottleneck

May 14, 2012 8:40:22 AM

You don't have a bottleneck based on the hardware you've listed. What kind of PSU do you have? Make/model?

Is the problem only in multi-player with BF3?

Do single-player and co-op modes run great with BF3 for you?

From my own personal experience, online performance in BF3 multi-player went south after the early April update. Hasn't been the same since. Single-player and co-op run great. Before the April BF3 update, everything ran great; big maps, small maps, and up to 64 players in any without a hitch.

I run with the hardware in my signature and still can't count on running an entire session of BF3 without framerate drops into the 40s for sometimes a minute at a time on large maps with 64 players. It didn't used to be like this.

As far as WoW goes, I haven't played. Not sure on that one.
m
l
May 14, 2012 9:22:19 AM

How does the stand-alone single player game run compared with the online games?
m
l
Related resources
May 14, 2012 9:41:05 AM

I havent even played single player I bought the game solely for multi I will try single to see how that goes. my psu is a kingwin kx1000 i do believe
m
l
May 14, 2012 9:43:07 AM

Well I would over clock the 2500 anyway but as said you are fine on hardware. I would think its down to the servers most probably.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
May 14, 2012 11:00:10 AM

juggalofreak911 said:
I havent even played single player I bought the game solely for multi I will try single to see how that goes. my psu is a kingwin kx1000 i do believe

So you're basically not hurting for power.

What are your framerates when you see choke points while playing?

Also, what is your screen resolution? Reason I ask is if you are running lower resolution (<1080p), your CPU will tend to keep more of the graphics load to itself.
m
l
!