Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Since you have not listed every item brand, model number, age and condition it is very hard to figure what you have. However a general rule I figure to resell a brand new system just bought say with in 30 days, it would be worth no more than 75% of what was paid for it. I would never pay more than 40%-60% of the original cost of the parts for used. If it was branded (ie. HP, Dell, etc.) maybe even less as most box units are old before you get them. Systems from builders like Origin or I Buy Power have more value.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
For starters most people who know about pcs generally do not like the new amd bulldozer chips as even the older phenom II chips out perform them. And that will hurt the price considerably. Unless you can find some one who doesn't know alot about them to sell it to i think you'd have to take a huge hit in its value to get some one even interested to be honest.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Based on your $1000 base price I think it is worth about $600-$700 to the right person. Probably less. It does not have the most desirable components and it is used. Sadly if you wait to sell it for another few months, it will be worth less and newer products come to market. Used systems like this are just not worth the trouble. The buyer will also be faced with having to transfer validations, registrations, user accounts and more to make it their own.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012

Not when you consider that newegg is sold out at the moment of i5 2500k's :p (also on a side note you should add a few amd build options in your build guide for amd fans) I like that option though if i had the money i'd pounce on it lol i could have a great pc to use while i save up to upgrade to a better motherboard psu video card and alot of ram. Its light years above my current set up of an athlon x2 4400+ using on board geforce 6100 on board graphics.

angaddev

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I'm not going to add any AMD builds that are sub-$600 because of the suprisingly good performance of the Pentium G680 ( beats all FX CPUs at stock!). YOu can get 2500ks at Microcenter or TigerDirect :p

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
lol microcenters are nice if you live near one and a few amd phenom gaming builds wouldn't hurt for low budget gamers (you won't get the best possible performance but they aren't to shabby) and most amd phenom builds would come in under the 800.00 mark with a good monitor graphics card os and mouse and keyboard. Sorry for going way off topic >_<

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Rofl I can't knock my current system while its 6 years old i haven't found a game yet i can't play lol although i'd probably have a much better and easier time with a graphics card instead of my on board one. oh there is one city of heroes but thats because of my graphics card not because of my cpu. Cost wise amd is awesome but not always the best performance i'm hoping the piledriver chip gives amd fans a good alternative to intel but i'm not holding my breath after the bulldozer fiasco >_<

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
biostar 6100-939 athlon 64x2 4400+ sadly my pci express is a 1.0a biostar told me a 2.1 would work nicely (i emailed them about my board) But for 6 years of being on almost 24/7 365 days i can not complain my only issue that has ever shown up is my monitor goes black for a few seconds randomly and i've deduced that it is my northbridge on my mother board getting hot and doing it at times. I'm planning on getting a new card to at the least fix my monitor going black. But gonna plan to doa new build after 6 years i feel its time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.