Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A second camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 11:05:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

As an owner of a 20D, 300D, plus an expensive and bulky stable of glass, I
decided to buy a walk-around camera. The Panasonic Lumix FZ5 was my choice
and, for once, it was a good choice. Here is an example taken at full zoom:
http://home.comcast.net/~charlesschuler/wsb/media/29130...

No way that I am suggesting to dump or abort your decision to buy a DSLR.
The EVF on the FZ5 is shaky and confirms why this camera does not offer
manual focus. I'm simply suggesting that a second camera for casual outings
might not be as compromised as some think.

More about : camera

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 1:08:01 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Charles Schuler" <charleschuler@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:-YKdndskTom5VxbfRVn-qg@comcast.com...
> As an owner of a 20D, 300D, plus an expensive and bulky stable of glass, I
> decided to buy a walk-around camera. The Panasonic Lumix FZ5 was my
> choice and, for once, it was a good choice. Here is an example taken at
> full zoom:
> http://home.comcast.net/~charlesschuler/wsb/media/29130...
>
> No way that I am suggesting to dump or abort your decision to buy a DSLR.
> The EVF on the FZ5 is shaky and confirms why this camera does not offer
> manual focus. I'm simply suggesting that a second camera for casual
> outings might not be as compromised as some think.

I have a Sigma SD9 as my primary camera and a FinePix S7000 as my second.
If I didn't have the Fuji and had to choose a second camera today, it would
be the Panasonic. IMHO, you have made a good choice.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 1:08:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:SDRie.23072$NZ1.16968@fe09.lga...
> "Charles Schuler" <charleschuler@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:-YKdndskTom5VxbfRVn-qg@comcast.com...
>> As an owner of a 20D, 300D, plus an expensive and bulky stable of glass,
>> I decided to buy a walk-around camera. The Panasonic Lumix FZ5 was my
>> choice and, for once, it was a good choice. Here is an example taken at
>> full zoom:
>> http://home.comcast.net/~charlesschuler/wsb/media/29130...
>>
>> No way that I am suggesting to dump or abort your decision to buy a DSLR.
>> The EVF on the FZ5 is shaky and confirms why this camera does not offer
>> manual focus. I'm simply suggesting that a second camera for casual
>> outings might not be as compromised as some think.
>
> I have a Sigma SD9 as my primary camera and a FinePix S7000 as my second.
> If I didn't have the Fuji and had to choose a second camera today, it
> would be the Panasonic. IMHO, you have made a good choice.
>
I just got a small point and shoot camera to supplement my DSLR. Sometimes
you just want something that will go anywhere for snapshots. And, you never
know when you might come across the Lochness Monster, Elvis and Bigfoot
having a picnic.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 7:45:42 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Sheldon <sheldon@xxxxxxxxsopris.net> wrote:

>"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <ntotrr@optonline.net> wrote in message
>news:SDRie.23072$NZ1.16968@fe09.lga...
>> "Charles Schuler" <charleschuler@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:-YKdndskTom5VxbfRVn-qg@comcast.com...
>>> As an owner of a 20D, 300D, plus an expensive and bulky stable of glass,
>>> I decided to buy a walk-around camera. The Panasonic Lumix FZ5 was my
>>> choice and, for once, it was a good choice. Here is an example taken at
>>> full zoom:
>>> http://home.comcast.net/~charlesschuler/wsb/media/29130...
>>>
>>> No way that I am suggesting to dump or abort your decision to buy a DSLR.
>>> The EVF on the FZ5 is shaky and confirms why this camera does not offer
>>> manual focus. I'm simply suggesting that a second camera for casual
>>> outings might not be as compromised as some think.
>>
>> I have a Sigma SD9 as my primary camera and a FinePix S7000 as my second.
>> If I didn't have the Fuji and had to choose a second camera today, it
>> would be the Panasonic. IMHO, you have made a good choice.
>>
>I just got a small point and shoot camera to supplement my DSLR. Sometimes
>you just want something that will go anywhere for snapshots. And, you never
>know when you might come across the Lochness Monster, Elvis and Bigfoot
>having a picnic.

Hmm. Then you'd best get a small point and shoot with a
very wide angle lens...

---- Paul J. Gans
!