Sign in with
Your question

First Time Build - Need Help Checking Components Work Together

Last response: in Systems
January 30, 2012 3:21:57 PM

Hello,

I'm looking to build a computer since the one a friend built for me in college has finally died. This is my first build and I was hoping I could get some help confirming that the components that I had picked out would work together. I was hoping to reuse the case and power supply from my existing computer and just change out the rest. Thanks in advance for any help.

I've got an Antec case SLK2650-BQE and an AGI power supply API5PC17

The components I've picked out:
ASUS M4A87T motherboard
AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus processor (ADX645WFGMBOX)
Galaxy GeForce GT 430 Fermi video card (43GGS8HX3SPZ)
G.Skill Value Series RAM (F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT)
Seagate Barracuda 500GB hard drive (ST500DM002)
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD burner
January 30, 2012 4:02:49 PM

Ok, here is a little more information that you asked about.

Approximate Purchase Date: as soon as I can get pieces picked out that I know will work together

Budget Range: $450 after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: surfing the internet, music, gaming (really only play the Civ series anymore), movies

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, case (Antec SLK2650-BQE), power supply (AGI API5PC17)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com (open to other sites, this is just the only one I've used before for parts)

Parts Preferences: I had an AMD processor, GeForce video card, and ASUS motherboard in current build and was very happy with them and would like to use the same brands again

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: NO

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I'm slightly concerned that my existing power supply isn't enough for the new build. I tried looking at different places for power consumption info and got different results where some said I was fine and others said I was way over.

m
l
Related resources
!