Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Latest nvidia driver keeps crashing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b Î Nvidia
November 30, 2011 6:27:44 PM

My screen goes black, No signal warning comes up and after 5 seconds the picture comes back. This all started after I got the latest driver, anyone else having this problem?
a b Î Nvidia
November 30, 2011 6:28:08 PM

Mine work, I'm using the latest BETA though. Try an older version.
Score
November 30, 2011 6:48:11 PM

So far I'm experiencing that issue when using sli in only two of many games/applications.

It happens with unigine's heaven benchmark until i increased the voltage slightly on the cards while using sli. ** Not recommending you try that, just providing as an example **

It happens with Crysis 2 when using 2 and 3-way sli, when using the nvidia driver's default recommended sli mode. Switching to other sli rendering modes does work but is causing performance issues. It doesn't happen when using single card mode.

Can you be more specific as to what hardware and settings you have used? Does it happen in all games or just some?

Edit: Helltech I swear I'm not stalking you, lol
Score
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
November 30, 2011 7:10:56 PM

I'm using a 460 1gb at the factory oc frequencies. I'm not even in a game sometimes, just looking at my desktop. I've been playing skyrim, battlefield 3 and league of legends, I've had at least one crash in all games
Score
a b Î Nvidia
November 30, 2011 7:14:53 PM

Try the BETA drivers, or try older drivers. Thats what I would do. What power supply do you have and how old is it?
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
November 30, 2011 7:27:24 PM

clonazepam said:
So far I'm experiencing that issue when using sli in only two of many games/applications.

It happens with unigine's heaven benchmark until i increased the voltage slightly on the cards while using sli. ** Not recommending you try that, just providing as an example **

It happens with Crysis 2 when using 2 and 3-way sli, when using the nvidia driver's default recommended sli mode. Switching to other sli rendering modes does work but is causing performance issues. It doesn't happen when using single card mode.

Can you be more specific as to what hardware and settings you have used? Does it happen in all games or just some?

Edit: Helltech I swear I'm not stalking you, lol

I really hope that's true as I'd hate to see a repeat of that thing that happened with the nuns.
Score
November 30, 2011 7:58:42 PM

After reading a few pages of the link provided by eyefinity, it sounds like that is the OP's issue and the requisite fix is reverting to the 275 drivers. My issue has a similar symptom but of a different problem.

Mousemonkey said:
I really hope that's true as I'd hate to see a repeat of that thing that happened with the nuns.

That went way over my head. You aren't about to sanction me again, are you? :D 
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
November 30, 2011 8:04:44 PM

clonazepam said:
After reading a few pages of the link provided by eyefinity, it sounds like that is the OP's issue and the requisite fix is reverting to the 275 drivers. My issue has a similar symptom but of a different problem.

That went way over my head. You aren't about to sanction me again, are you? :D 

Keep it clean and you'll be OK.
Score
!