[AMD] Opinion On This Components

themask25

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Hi, I need your advice on this setup that I wanna use for video editing, and gamin (please let me know how it would perform on new title games).

I need your opinion, if there's a part thats gonna bottleneck the performance of my rig, and is the PSU enough to crossfire my GPU in the future, and add liquid cooling... as I would be happy to try and do them just for experiment.

- Green components are parts that I'm gonna buy for my new rig
- Blue components are gonna be moved from my current rig to the new one.

Case : Cooler Master Storm Trooper
CPU : AMD X4 965 BE
MotherBoard : Asus M5A99 EVO
Memory :Corsair 8GB (2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit)
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master V6GT
Keybaord & M.: Logitech MK550
Power Supply : OCZ 850W ZX Series 80 plus gold
Video Card : XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB
Hard Drive : WD 500GB
Monitor : LG Flatron E2250V LED 1080P

I want to thank beltzy for his response in my previous thread and made me do some changes for my setup :)

themask25

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion, I did some search already on that cooler some people complained about how loud that fan could be and suggested to replace the fan, (one of my goals in this build is to keep sound to minimum).

at the end if I ended up replacing the fan, I would assume another $10-$14 for it, which ends up almost 70%-80% of the V6GT price, in the other hand the V6GT has 2 fans and I guess it would perform 20% or more better than the 212 evo.

I might be wrong as Im back to newbie level in this computer world, so please correct me if im wrong... cheers and thanks a lot for your input buddy :)

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Your setup looks just fine, your PSU is more than enough to power two 6950's in CF. If you looking for low fan noise you may want to look into Corsair H60/70 or the Antec Kuhler h2o 620.

themask25

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
really appreciate it guys introducing this Antec 620 to me, I did some search about it since last night and it I found a chart where the Antec 620 and V6GT did keep going back and forth on some tests, however I kept my eye on the noise level and the 620 was doing slightly better, at then end I decided to go with the Antec 920 after all, hopefully its good for the buck.

I did place my order, and just changed the cpu cooler to the one mentioned above, and went with XFX 650W power supply 80 Plus Bronze, and just left the GPU hopefully with my next pay I will get it... hopefully I made a good decision and thanks a lot for all of you guys :)

However please let me know guys if you have more opinions about my decision :)