Should my system be running better than it is?

Hadoe

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I built my computer a while ago and I've noticed that with all games I've had to turn most of the settings down to low medium settings and I feel like the parts I've put in my system should be performing better than they are. I could be wrong about this though so I'd like to know someone else's opinion.

I've included pictures of cpuz and gpuz as well as some game settings. I always try to get 60 fps in every game I play.

RXJs4.png

NyFLl.png

JEAHV.png

I feel like I should be getting a higher average than 58 with these settings
jTooR.jpg

So what do you think? Is there something wrong with the hardware? Or is this normal? My os is Windows 7 x64 bit.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I noticed that you had the 5670 ^, and I noticed that ur RAM is in single channel mode (only one stick?) Turn all ur Catalyst setting for "performance" you wont notice a difference... Catalyst AI for performance will provide the most improvement.

Hadoe

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

Yep I've got a 5670, I just thought it would run better than this. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other problem, I guess it's time for an upgrade. Also yes I have just one stick of ram.

One more question though. In CCC under "Catalyst A.I." there is an option for "Enable Surface Format Optimization" I have it turned on. Does this affect performance in anyway? Or is it better to leave it on?