Non-linear RPG for the PSX2?

Are there any non-linear RPG for the PSX2? I'm looking for a game that
is similar to the PC game Sacred, even if it isn't button mashing.
Just a top down view of the game, you can explore dozens of towns and
villages at any order, lots of sidequest, lots of NPCs to talk to, and
just a huge world you can wander around.

On 22 Aug 2005 01:54:45 -0700, chromallly@yahoo.com wrote:

>Are there any non-linear RPG for the PSX2? I'm looking for a game that
>is similar to the PC game Sacred, even if it isn't button mashing.
>Just a top down view of the game, you can explore dozens of towns and
>villages at any order, lots of sidequest, lots of NPCs to talk to, and
>just a huge world you can wander around.

GTA:SA

andyt

cap

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

<chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Are there any non-linear RPG for the PSX2? I'm looking for a game that
> is similar to the PC game Sacred, even if it isn't button mashing.
> Just a top down view of the game, you can explore dozens of towns and
> villages at any order, lots of sidequest, lots of NPCs to talk to, and
> just a huge world you can wander around.

Final Fantasy Hard drive or Everquest online adventures.

bc4

<chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Are there any non-linear RPG for the PSX2? I'm looking for a game that
> is similar to the PC game Sacred, even if it isn't button mashing.
> Just a top down view of the game, you can explore dozens of towns and
> villages at any order, lots of sidequest, lots of NPCs to talk to, and
> just a huge world you can wander around.

I'm sure there are others, but the closet thing I can think of right now is
Final Fantasy X-2.

It's not a button masher, and it's not a hack/slash rogue-like game, but
there ARE lots of places you can explore in semi-non-linear fashion, with
plenty of secrets, mini/side-quests, NPCs, tons of replayablity.

But my advace is just download a free copy of NetHack, Angband, or ZAngband
for your computer - anyone of these games will keep you busy for weeks (or
more - I've been playing them on and off for years)!

<=[BC]=>

<chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Are there any non-linear RPG for the PSX2? I'm looking for a game that
>is similar to the PC game Sacred, even if it isn't button mashing.
>Just a top down view of the game, you can explore dozens of towns and
>villages at any order, lots of sidequest, lots of NPCs to talk to, and
>just a huge world you can wander around.

Well, Unlimited Saga sort fits the build. It's as non-linear as an PS2
RPG I've played. However, I've never played a more abstract console RPG.
You could almost make a text version of it.

Ross Ridge

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca