Scariest thing a person can experience.

dragoboi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Specs

CPU - AMD Phenom ii X4 955 BE (No Overclock @ 3.2ghz) Norm Temps - 35c idle 55c load
GPU - Asus GTX550ti @ 950mhz core (No Overclock) - Norm Temps - 30c idle 57c load
MOBO - Biostar TA870u3+
HS-CPU - Stock Heatsink / Fan
HS-GPU - Stock Asus Directcu 2 fan system
FANS - 4 120mm case fans. 1 intake 3 exhaust. planning to do 2 intake 2 exhaust.
CASE - NZXT Gamma
HDD - 500GB Western Digital
CD-R - 16x Cd-rom

Problem - Ok so i come home from school and i get into my regular cloths and well. i flip on the monitor and since i always have my Toverclocker heat readings on 24/7 i looked at it. and next thing u know im force quiting my cpu because the reading is 93c and the fan is reading 11rpm? what could cause this. this is a big fear because ive had this build for a month since jan 7th basically a month and never experienced this issue. the cpu is still working fine as im using the pc. when i restarted the pc is was running at usual 3600rpm. so wtf happened? it went from 3600 to 11? this is scary and im afraid to leave my pc on for long anymore now. like im literally afraid to run it while eating dinner.

dragoboi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
the heatsink when i turned it off after 5 minutes. i felt it and it was still hot to touch. i waited til it was cold and fired it backup and then waiting about 30 minutes and it was still cold. i dont know what could be the problem. i have default fan control on. so the motherboard sets it between 3,000 rpm idle and 6,600 rpm load.

edit - i ordered a Coolermaster Hyper212+ yesterday night and it should be here tommorow or wednesday. today was the first time this has ever happened.

dragoboi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
i havent updated it and i reset the bios last week. but the cooler does have bent fins for some reason. but the new cooler is coming tommorow according to ups. and its been running fine for 2 hours now. just strange.