Anyone used the Fractal Design Define mini Case?

Mark_F

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Lots of people like the R3 (and the mini is a shrunken version) especially for quiet builds. I haven't seen the case yet, but have one on order and will post what i think properly when it arrives.

Hoser75

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Thanks I'd like to hear what you think of the case and the quality.

Mark_F

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Howdy, sorry to be so long getting back to you, recieved the case last night and am in the middle of a reinstall atm so my thoughts:

The case is solid, and pretty heavy especially with components in (for a server build that shouldn't be too much trouble though). Feels well built IMO.

Installing components is a breeze (though watch the grommets for popping out when you pass cables through. Easy to avoid if you take your time, they are a little awkward to get back in right).

The 'cable management' space on the back is quite good, but a little tight (mess about with the cables a bit when tying them in to keep them as tight into the case as you can).

The fans aren't what i would call silent, so you would probably want to upgrade those if you got this case for something quieter (that said i have 3 fans running, 2 front 1 rear, a bigger CPU cooler and a GTX570 in there, it's not noisy but it's not quite as quiet as i expected either).

Comes with plenty of screws etc, the HD bays will be great for swapping HDDs about when you need to replace etc, thumbscrews are everywhere.

The powdercoat shows up greasy finger marks very easily, but they are just as easily cleaned off with a quick wipe.

I'd recommend this case bearing in mind what i've said above. I'm very happy with it.

Hoser75

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Thanks for the update. I'm not super worried about the noise and finger marks since it will be in my basement out of sight for the most part. I was more worried about build quality and ease of installing parts.

Where did you end up ordering from?

dylwing23

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
I don't have that specific case, I use the Arc Midi. Basically the same thing minus 3 pci slots and 2 hdd spots. Very good, relatively quiet, heavy and solid, would absoulty recommend the case, I actually would of ordered it but needed more space for sli cards and a sound card.

Mark_F

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

I'm in the UK, and get my parts from Scan

TRENDING THREADS