Is this a decent pre-built HTPC system for under $400

lambchop68

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I was looking to build my own system, but as I was looking for systems, I came across this system and wanted to get your opinion on if this is a decent system for what I want to use it for.

I want something which can stream 1080 and maybe down the road, hook up a blu-ray player to it. I don't plan on using it for gaming. I also want something small in size and quiet as it will be in the living room running all the time.

Let me know your thoughts or if there is something else already packaged, similar in price.

I am looking at a Lenovo ($369 after the coupon)
IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU

Here are the details on what I am looking at:

IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU - Glossy Black and Silver: Weekly Deal
Processor: Intel Atom Processor D2700 ( 2.13GHz 1MB )
Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6450A
memory: 4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz
Hard Drive: 500GB 5400
Optical Drive: DVD Recordable
Wireless: 802.11 B/G/N
Form Factor: Ultra Small Form Factor with stand
HDMI: HDMI (Out)
Card Reader: 8-in-1 Card Reader

ihuman

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Check out Zotac Zbox- ID80, ID81, AD04 (the latest models just released). They are all supposed to be low-powered and quiet. You can even mount them the back of your flat-TV by means of a VESA mount.
Zotac also has models with Blu-ray.

Zotac offers a choice of CPUs (celeron vs atom vs amd fusion) and video cards. They also sell barebone units (no RAM, HD or OS) so you can customize it anyway you want. the price for barebone ID80 and AD04 is just over $200.

flameout00

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
I found this thread by doing a google search for HTPC, and it seems like just what I am looking for, but I thought I better ask a few questions (sorry for adding to this thread, but thought it might be better than starting a new one)

If I were to buy the IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102CU ($383.20 after coupon), am I able to just insert my USB HD TV tuner w/antenna, and receive OTA HD channels, and record them to the hard drive for later viewing? I currently am only receiving OTA, and the picture is great - I got rid of cable a few weeks ago, but I miss having the DVR function, and was hoping this would fill the void. I really didn't want to build a HTPC, so figured this would work for what I need??