My PS2 isnt playing games

Rented some DVDs last night and watched them on the PS2. Now I cant get
games to load on PS2. Tried Spyro (PS1) and Sly2. It will load to the
"Playstation" screen then stop. Any thoughts??

bodcat1 wrote:

> Rented some DVDs last night and watched them on the PS2. Now I cant get
> games to load on PS2. Tried Spyro (PS1) and Sly2. It will load to the
> "Playstation" screen then stop. Any thoughts??

first have you tried lens cleaning? If it's an old model you'll need a
disc but a new one can be cleaned gently with a cotton bud or such.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Paul Heslop wrote:

> first have you tried lens cleaning? If it's an old model you'll need a
> disc but a new one can be cleaned gently with a cotton bud or such.

I have a lens cleaning disk for CD-ROM or regular CD player. It's the
kind that looks like a CD with a little brush on it. Do you know if
it's ok to use in a PS2 or DVD player?

Its the new slim version. I guess I found it odd that it just stopped after
I played a DVD, I thought maybe I changed a setting or something!

bodcat1 wrote:

> Its the new slim version. I guess I found it odd that it just stopped after
> I played a DVD, I thought maybe I changed a setting or something!

Not had that happen to us so far but you never know. The one thing
that strikes me about the slimline is how easy it is for dust and
stuff to get in there.

--

don wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > first have you tried lens cleaning? If it's an old model you'll need a
> > disc but a new one can be cleaned gently with a cotton bud or such.
>
> I have a lens cleaning disk for CD-ROM or regular CD player. It's the
> kind that looks like a CD with a little brush on it. Do you know if
> it's ok to use in a PS2 or DVD player?

yes, it's fine. i actually bought a dvd cleaning disc and neither my
ps2 nor xbox would allow it to run as it wasn't one of their discs :-/
the cd cleaner works fine though. It's always worth a try, just don't
be too liberal with the liquid.