Startup

Question, when i start up my computer, a bunch of
different programs start and appear in my bottom right
hand side of the screen. I don't want all of those
programs running. How do i turn them off from opening on
startup? I have been manually closing them each time i
start up my computer.
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about startup

    "hwgunnell@msn.com" wrote:

    > Question, when i start up my computer, a bunch of
    > different programs start and appear in my bottom right
    > hand side of the screen. I don't want all of those
    > programs running. How do i turn them off from opening on
    > startup? I have been manually closing them each time i
    > start up my computer.
    > Thanks.

    First and best choice is to open up the programs properties and see if their
    is something like "startup with windows" that you can uncheck. Or similar
    wording.
    Or bring up the run command and type in msconfig hit ok,click on the startup
    tab on the page that comes up and uncheck everything you do not want to auto
    start.
    Here is a link that might help you figure out what each item is (sometimes
    they can be cryptic).

    http://answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

    Hi,

    Most of the programs have an option like "Load on startup". Disable that. If this does not work, you can remove the
    startup entries from the registry in the following way:

    The entries are commonly listed in the following places in the registry
    (Start/Run registry):

    Or in these locations:

    C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

    You may delete them from there but caution is strongly advised in editing
    the regsitry.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    <hwgunnell@msn.com> wrote in message news:192601c49ccd$169dde10$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    > Question, when i start up my computer, a bunch of
    > different programs start and appear in my bottom right
    > hand side of the screen. I don't want all of those
    > programs running. How do i turn them off from opening on
    > startup? I have been manually closing them each time i
    > start up my computer.
    > Thanks.

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP