Startup

Question, when i start up my computer, a bunch of
different programs start and appear in my bottom right
hand side of the screen. I don't want all of those
programs running. How do i turn them off from opening on
startup? I have been manually closing them each time i
start up my computer.
Thanks.

map

"hwgunnell@msn.com" wrote:

> Question, when i start up my computer, a bunch of
> different programs start and appear in my bottom right
> hand side of the screen. I don't want all of those
> programs running. How do i turn them off from opening on
> startup? I have been manually closing them each time i
> start up my computer.
> Thanks.

First and best choice is to open up the programs properties and see if their
is something like "startup with windows" that you can uncheck. Or similar
wording.
Or bring up the run command and type in msconfig hit ok,click on the startup
tab on the page that comes up and uncheck everything you do not want to auto
start.
Here is a link that might help you figure out what each item is (sometimes
they can be cryptic).

http://answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

Hi,

Most of the programs have an option like "Load on startup". Disable that. If this does not work, you can remove the
startup entries from the registry in the following way:

The entries are commonly listed in the following places in the registry
(Start/Run registry):

Or in these locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Start Menu\Programs
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

You may delete them from there but caution is strongly advised in editing
the regsitry.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User