Sign in with
Your question

Win7 Boot Loader issues

Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2012 9:14:14 PM

Hi All.

I installed Norton Ghost 15 and ran LightsOut Restore, and now my computer continuously boots into the restore mode. How do I manually fix the boot loader on that drive, from another computer? I physically have it in another computer and can access it, but I don't know what files to edit. Can I edit the boot loader inside EasyBCD from a computer that I'm not booted into?

I already tried fixing it by running the windows recovery method from the original Win7 dvd console, fixboot, etc. didn't work.

Can someone help me out - in a big bind! Thanks in advance!

Dean
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2012 10:11:54 PM

any Guru's that have an idea...???
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2012 10:38:07 PM

If you have the original Windows cd then format the drive and reload the OS.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2012 10:42:01 PM

Surely, that's a worst case - last ditch effort... but thanks for the response ;) 

Will deleting the SRD directory help at all...???
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2012 11:07:11 PM

Since you have the Windows cd then whatever files you delete that arn't user files can be replaced by the repair function or the cd , right?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2012 12:36:49 AM

So... after roughly 3 hours chatting with Symantec Tech Support and talking to a support technician, they had me delete the SRD directory and reboot. Since the directory doesn't exist anymore, I was able to select Windows 7 from the boot loader and boot right into windows like normal :pfff:  .

Four hours of sweat solved in a minute :fou:  .

I then ran EasyBCD to remove the entry of the norton product.

Now I can get back to The Witcher 2!!! :sol: 
m
l
!