SCSI RAID card and Windows

RamaV

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hola all,
Welp, anyone whos been around here any time has seen me debate with you all and myself IDE vs SCSI. Ive made up my mind on drives, with th Fujitsu MAJ class. Great drive by all accounts, and ive found reasonable prices (18 gig for $202)
NOW the last problem i must tackle: one of the contracts i currently have is with an online gaming company. Apparently most if not all of their games have "issues" with W2K. Whistler should solve most if not all of my problems, but im NOT gonna wait.
.........Heres the question:
Is there a SCSI RAID card, dual channel 160, which i can run with Win9x...? Im looking but figured id post here for help as i look for my final answer

And yes i want Dual channel 160, because i will be UGing my MB to 64 bit PCI, DDR SDRAM when i see one i finally like, and ill prob be adding 2 more drives in the future. So it makes sense to get this now.

Rama

" He who (BLEEPS) nuns, will later join the church " Joe Strummer, The Clash - "Death or Glory"

G

The ATTO does for RAID 0..
Adaptec has Win9x for it's dual channel raid cards.
Mylex does not.

***check the jumpers 1st then check em again***

RamaV

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Much grassy ass~!

ATTO has been mentioned here often enough that i looked at it, but could get little info from their website.

I shoulda thought to look more at the Adaptec site for info, but theyre cards havent gotten great reviews here.

Hehe Mylex cards seem to be so dam expensive that i dont feel any great loss.

Rama

" He who (BLEEPS) nuns, will later join the church " Joe Strummer, The Clash - "Death or Glory"