Exporting/Importing User Profiles

Windows XP. I am changing all of the workstations on my
network from being members of a workgroup to being members
of a domain. I understand that when the users logon after
this they will be given a new profile by the system. How
may I export their existing profiles before making the
change and import the profiles after the change? Thanks
for the help.
2 answers Last reply
More about exporting importing user profiles

    Chaplain Doug wrote:
    > Windows XP. I am changing all of the workstations on my
    > network from being members of a workgroup to being members
    > of a domain. I understand that when the users logon after
    > this they will be given a new profile by the system. How
    > may I export their existing profiles before making the
    > change and import the profiles after the change? Thanks
    > for the help.

    Change some registry entries or use FAST.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Chaplain Doug wrote:

    > Windows XP. I am changing all of the workstations on my
    > network from being members of a workgroup to being members
    > of a domain. I understand that when the users logon after
    > this they will be given a new profile by the system. How
    > may I export their existing profiles before making the
    > change and import the profiles after the change? Thanks
    > for the help.
    Hi

    You can reuse the old profile with the "new" user by changing the new
    user's ProfileImagePath in registry to point to the old profile.

    You might have some permission issues though if the users aren't local
    admins though.

    More here:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3EA57554.BF997CC0%40hydro.com

    and