Wow are there many choices for mid-tower cases nowadays! It's been a while since I've been in the market for one, and I could really use some help... I've been using Cooler Master Centurion 5 for the last 7-8 years (through few builds), and I REALLY love its look. Getting ready to do a new build, and I thought it might be time to get a case upgrade too. Perhaps something with USB 3.0, a little quieter, etc.
Here are the things/features I'm interested in:
- Under $100
- Sleek, clean design, somewhat minimalist. Black. Not bulky. Not a fan of LED fans, but not the end of the world if it comes with some. Already mentioned that I loved the Centurion 5 design.
- Reasonably quiet and reasonably good airflow (I don't intend to OC, but do play games from time to time)
- At least some decent cable management features
- Bottom position for PSU
- Able to accommodate at least 10" GPU cards.
Much-desired (but not absolutely necessary) features:
- USB 3.0
- No 80mm fans
- Side-window, but not overly flashy
- Side-loading HDD/SDD slots
- Good, solid build material
- No open/close panel in the front, but I might be persuaded otherwise if everything else is to my liking
- Tool-less mounting of drives, gpu
Nice-to-have (but can live without) features:
- 1394 connector
Thanks. Of the two, I'd say I like the Lian Li better, overall. I like the 300's front mesh look a little better, but I think the Lian Li wins overall for me. I've added it to my list of closer choices.
lian li = quality ...antec = ???? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... another thott for you ... I have a lian li full tower and can vouch for the quality .. the one posted is a lancool version which is there gamer oriented subsidiary but aluminium is good and the reviews are as well ... happy hunting
thanks. yeah, I've been reading about the Fractal R3 as it keeps coming up in my searches... I'm not sure how I feel about the front panel door and about the fact that it puts me above my $100 case limit. Do those ever go on sale (MIR, whatever)?