Gunvari Collection

Ok I want to get my hands on the Gunvari collection to play with my
new Guncon 2. Found a copy here:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1002490863/code-j/section-games/

The site says: "This game only works with the Japan & Asian Version
of PlayStation 2 Console." Aren't Japanese games NTSC like US games?
Would it really not work? Anybody tried it from the USA?

control_z@hotmail.com wrote:

> Ok I want to get my hands on the Gunvari collection to play with my
> new Guncon 2. Found a copy here:
> http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1002490863/code-j/section-games/

> The site says: "This game only works with the Japan & Asian Version
> of PlayStation 2 Console." Aren't Japanese games NTSC like US games?
> Would it really not work? Anybody tried it from the USA?

It still won't work on an unmodified American PS2 because the consoles
have "regions" similar to DVDs - you can't play a game from a different
region on your PS2.

Of course there are ways of getting around this. Do a search for "playing
imports" and you'll find them.