New Sony/Ericsson phones?

what is the overall opinion in this group regarding new Sony/Ericsson
phones? I currently have a Samsung E715 that I'm using on the T-Mobile
network and was thinking about upgrading my phone. Seriously
considering purchasing a Sony, but wanted the input from this group.
Thanks!
6 answers Last reply
More about sony ericsson phones

    I have a T616 from Cingular. It works great. I would highly recommend
    it.

    Deepa
    --
    http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
    EventStudio 2.5 - Message Sequence Chart Designer

    >what is the overall opinion in this group regarding new Sony/Ericsson
    >phones? I currently have a Samsung E715 that I'm using on the T-Mobile
    >network and was thinking about upgrading my phone. Seriously
    >considering purchasing a Sony, but wanted the input from this group.

    Generally speaking Sony Ericsson phones are substandard in the ability to
    capture and receive a signal.

    Overall, I wouldn't consider thinking of buying ANYTHING "Sony Ericsson" right
    now.

    --
    John S.

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <20041212180408.09660.00001414@mb-m20.aol.com> on 12 Dec 2004 23:04:08 GMT,
    sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

    >>what is the overall opinion in this group regarding new Sony/Ericsson
    >>phones? I currently have a Samsung E715 that I'm using on the T-Mobile
    >>network and was thinking about upgrading my phone. Seriously
    >>considering purchasing a Sony, but wanted the input from this group.
    >
    >Generally speaking Sony Ericsson phones are substandard in the ability to
    >capture and receive a signal.

    With all due respect, that's not a valid generalization -- for example, the
    T39m and Z600 are both very good in this area.

    >Overall, I wouldn't consider thinking of buying ANYTHING "Sony Ericsson" right
    >now.

    I'm the opposite. "Different strokes ..." and all that sort of thing.

    Using a T630 and could recomend SonyEricsson.
    One of my teammate has the new K700i it's a nice toy too.

    Regards,

    Ralf

    >>what is the overall opinion in this group regarding new Sony/Ericsson
    >>phones? I currently have a Samsung E715 that I'm using on the T-Mobile
    >>network and was thinking about upgrading my phone. Seriously
    >>considering purchasing a Sony, but wanted the input from this group.

    My last 2 phones have been S-E's. I've enjoyed and had great reception
    on each one. I've just ordered another one since I no longer need the
    GAIT plan that my t62u gets.

    JPH

    On 12 Dec 2004 23:04:08 GMT, sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

    >Generally speaking Sony Ericsson phones are substandard in the ability to
    >capture and receive a signal.

    Do you have proof of this, or just an assumption?

    IMO SE have taken the Nokia menus to what they should be on Nokia - the
    nasty little kinks in the interface seems to have been ironed out.

    However I still use Nokias for business reasons - to me (assumption only)
    the SE phones are for more casual use. Just my assumption, mind you.

GSM Phones Sony Ericsson Sony