New Sony/Ericsson phones?

Last response: in Technologies
December 12, 2004 3:06:06 AM

what is the overall opinion in this group regarding new Sony/Ericsson
phones? I currently have a Samsung E715 that I'm using on the T-Mobile
network and was thinking about upgrading my phone. Seriously
considering purchasing a Sony, but wanted the input from this group.
Thanks!

More about : sony ericsson phones

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 7:46:16 PM

I have a T616 from Cingular. It works great. I would highly recommend
it.

Deepa
--
http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
EventStudio 2.5 - Message Sequence Chart Designer

>what is the overall opinion in this group regarding new Sony/Ericsson
>phones? I currently have a Samsung E715 that I'm using on the T-Mobile
>network and was thinking about upgrading my phone. Seriously
>considering purchasing a Sony, but wanted the input from this group.

Generally speaking Sony Ericsson phones are substandard in the ability to
capture and receive a signal.

Overall, I wouldn't consider thinking of buying ANYTHING "Sony Ericsson" right
now.

--
John S.
December 13, 2004 9:24:43 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <20041212180408.09660.00001414@mb-m20.aol.com> on 12 Dec 2004 23:04:08 GMT,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

>>what is the overall opinion in this group regarding new Sony/Ericsson
>>phones? I currently have a Samsung E715 that I'm using on the T-Mobile
>>network and was thinking about upgrading my phone. Seriously
>>considering purchasing a Sony, but wanted the input from this group.
>
>Generally speaking Sony Ericsson phones are substandard in the ability to
>capture and receive a signal.

With all due respect, that's not a valid generalization -- for example, the
T39m and Z600 are both very good in this area.

>Overall, I wouldn't consider thinking of buying ANYTHING "Sony Ericsson" right
>now.

I'm the opposite. "Different strokes ..." and all that sort of thing.

December 13, 2004 10:36:39 PM

Using a T630 and could recomend SonyEricsson.
One of my teammate has the new K700i it's a nice toy too.

Regards,

Ralf
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 1:46:37 AM

>>what is the overall opinion in this group regarding new Sony/Ericsson
>>phones? I currently have a Samsung E715 that I'm using on the T-Mobile
>>network and was thinking about upgrading my phone. Seriously
>>considering purchasing a Sony, but wanted the input from this group.

My last 2 phones have been S-E's. I've enjoyed and had great reception
on each one. I've just ordered another one since I no longer need the
GAIT plan that my t62u gets.

JPH
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 11:44:25 PM

On 12 Dec 2004 23:04:08 GMT, sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

>Generally speaking Sony Ericsson phones are substandard in the ability to
>capture and receive a signal.

Do you have proof of this, or just an assumption?

IMO SE have taken the Nokia menus to what they should be on Nokia - the
nasty little kinks in the interface seems to have been ironed out.

However I still use Nokias for business reasons - to me (assumption only)
the SE phones are for more casual use. Just my assumption, mind you.
!