Zotac E350 htpc power consumption?

Hello,
Hoping that someone can give me some advise on the power consumption of a E350 based htpc,

I want to use a FUSION350-B-E board which includes a 90w power brick, much like using a picopsu, but i'm not sure if 90w will be enough.
My planned system is;

Zotac FUSION350-B-E
4GB ram
2no x samsung F1 502IJ 500gb 3.5"
7010ix tv card, dual dvb-t, dual dvb-s
Sony BD-5750H bluray drive

the FUSION350-A-E version doesn't have a power brick so I could get that instead and add a more powerful picopsu, but I like the idea of it already built in..... it's cheaper too

I guess I could swap the hard drive for a 750gb 5400rpm 2.5" i took out of my laptop, really not sure how much power any of these use!

Thanks for any help!!
5 answers Last reply
More about zotac e350 htpc power consumption
  1. Unfortunately Zotac is not forthcoming with the power brick specs they include in their bare bones little Blue Ray boxes. I am thinking that 90 watts ought to be plenty as these are basically just like laptops without the screens, and most of those in this category have a 50-70 watt adapter.
  2. I don't believe my AsRock e350 ITX with 1 SSD and 1 HDD pulls more than 40w or so.
  3. Shouldn't pull any more than 50W or so.
  4. I've got an Asus E350 Zacate HTPC and a kill-a-watt meter. I'm at 35.6W at idle and 53.3W running Prime95 and Furmark simultaneously.
  5. Cool thanks for the help,
    Have ordered a FUSION350-A-E and am going to run a picopsu so that it gives the greatest flexibility for any future changes.
    Designing the case now so that it matches my hifi system, hoping to use a single 92mm Nexus fan above the heatsink and draw the air in past the hard drives and tv card. Will post up some images before I laser cut it to see what you think.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Zotac Power Consumption Power Systems