Sign in with
Your question

Screen tearing Eyefinity Flex Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 1, 2011 5:47:38 PM

3x 1920x1080 monitors at 60hz
all are connected via DVI. I've heard of screen tearing issues when using 2 different connection types, so thats why I got the flex card so that all are connected with DVI.

I am getting screen tearing on my far left monitor, and cant for the life of me figure out why its doing it.

Card is a Saphire Flex 6950

any help would be very appreciated
a b C Monitor
December 1, 2011 6:13:44 PM

Tearing (a.k.a. artifacting) is caused by heat and/or power issues, typcally. If you are overclocking the GPU, stop until the problem is resolved. What make and model of power supply (PSU) are you using? Also, how are your GPU temps at idle and under load?
m
l
December 1, 2011 6:19:24 PM

I am almost positive this isnt a hardware issue. I havent overclocked anything. And i dont think this is artifacting, its screen tearing.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
December 1, 2011 6:23:31 PM

What make/model of PSU are you using? How are your temps? Still need the answers to these questions.
m
l
December 2, 2011 2:54:51 AM

XFX 850w bronze certified

temps are fine even when playing bf3
m
l
a b C Monitor
December 2, 2011 11:05:15 AM

Have you switched the order of the monitors to see if it makes a difference or if the problem "moves"?
m
l
December 3, 2011 3:01:04 AM

yes. if i switch the order of them it will give me screen tearing on two of the monitors instead of one sometimes. It doesnt seem to fix anything depending what arangement they are in.
m
l
!