ASRock p67 error "no console output devices found:

threshaxe

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
I have just put together a new PC and upon powering it up it gave me the error code "d6, no console output devices found". I did some searching and found this forum post about the very same matter http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314140-31-console-output-devices-found
I took his advice and reset the CMOS, checked each part by removing it, powering up the mobo and checking the error code. I found that everything seemed to work except the video card. I checked to make sure all the power connections were plugged in and that all the parts were seated correctly. The fans on the video card spun when powered up and the LEDs on the back of the card were all lit up.

my parts list is:
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
Heatsink: stock CPU cooler (for now, real cooler has not arrived yet)
PSU: NZXT HALE90 80 Plus Gold 1000W PSU
mobo: ASRock p67 extreme gen3
GPU: VGA MSI N580GTX Lightning
memory: Gskill F3-14900CL9D

unfortunately I have no other computers to eiher test this card in or to borrow the GPU from to test the sockets...

Any advice on where to go from here is much appreciated.

threshaxe

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
This is the only thing I had some doubts about. My PSU had two connectors, one 8pin and one 6 pin labeled "PCIe SLI ready", yet my GPU had two 8pin female sockets. My GPU did come with two 6-8 pin adaptors, but I did not think that I would need those. I figured that the GPU was getting power because the fans were on and the LEDs on the side were on.