No sound over hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1d0r

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I recently got a new HDTV and wanted to connect it to my computer. The video works fine but there is no audio. I can't even see any new devices listed in the playback devices, just the front and back audio jacks.

I have a GTS 250 with the spdif connected and latest drivers, and onboard sound on MCP61PM-HM motherboard.

I've tried going into BIOS to try and enable the spdif but didnt find anything there.

a1d0r

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Yes, the cable is connected from the mobo to the card.
I have the latest audio drivers for the onboard sound. Do I have to enable the spdif out somewhere?

echod

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
It won't list a new device because it thinks you are just connecting your sound to another audio device. Go into your sound properties and the one labeled "Speakers" should be it. Mess with that and see if you can produce anything. If not let me know.

echod

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Also check your TV settings. If you are connected w/ HDMI does it think it's getting sound from the HDMI? It shouldn't but you may look in your TV settings on that particular HDMI jack.

a1d0r

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Im sure that the problem is not on the side of the TV since it worked with a different setup. Ill try messing around in Realtek HD Audio Manager, though im not quite familiar with it.

a1d0r

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Heres a screenshot of the audio manager.
I dont see the tv listed as an audio out. First tab is the front port, second the back, and the third is the mic.
5lmy3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.