Sign in with
Your question

Crazy Graphics Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 1, 2011 7:09:25 PM

What is more important when working with programs like Maya.... Graphics card or Processor?

I'm trying to build a pc and need to know if I should get an i7 and a smaller graphics card or the opposite.

Thanks a bunch

More about : crazy graphics card

a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2011 7:20:18 PM

they both play a big role in that type of applications but the most major thing is processor more cores more quicker response, good video card good result of output.MAYA app is 3d so you need both good components.
m
l
December 1, 2011 7:25:14 PM

thanks.... but when it comes to rendering in Maya its all about the processor right? If thats the case then the graphics card is mainly for display purposes correct?

Also does a higher end graphics card help with programs like photoshop and After Effects or is that also done in the processor?

Sorry for all the questions.
m
l
Related resources
a c 153 U Graphics card
December 1, 2011 7:32:03 PM

If you use CUDA plugins for Maya you will want a Nvidia Geforce card. If you don't use those kind of plug ins, then it doesn't matter.

Yes you are going to want both a good GPU and CPU. It all depends on your budget.
m
l
December 1, 2011 7:42:23 PM

Id like to spend about $650 for my system, with everything considered I might be able to spend about 100 dollars on a graphics card if i go with an i7. Or.... should i go with an i5 with a GTX 560 ti. I'm getting 8gb of ram.

thanks
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2011 7:07:16 AM

hmims said:
thanks.... but when it comes to rendering in Maya its all about the processor right? If thats the case then the graphics card is mainly for display purposes correct?

Also does a higher end graphics card help with programs like photoshop and After Effects or is that also done in the processor?

Sorry for all the questions.

of course graphic card improve your whole system display which you want to make the designs.
m
l
!