Closed Solved

I need help with Crossfirex

About 2 months ago I bought an ASUS HD 6670 GPU for my computer. I chose this one because it was in my price range and it said it was crossfirex ready, knowing that I might want to crossfire in the future when I had some more money.

So the time came about a week ago when I ordered the second ASUS HD 6670.

Here is where the problem starts.

I cannot get the both to be detected at the same time. I have 2 PCI-e slots on my M4A79xtd evo and the motherboard is crossfire compatible.
I plug one into the first slot and it works like it supposed to, then I take that one out and plug the other one in the first slot and that one work like it is supposed to as well.

When I plug them both in, only one is detected. (According to GPU-z) I looked up how to enable crossfire and all the walktroughs say to go to CCC -> performance -> enable Crossfire (or something along the lines of that). Whenever I go to CCC and follow the walkthrough that option isn't there. Whenever I search for CCC AMD VISION Engine Control Center comes up, I don't know if these are the same things, but if they aren't I don't know how to get to CCC.

But that is the secondary problem, the main problem is getting my computer to detect them both.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II x6 BE 1090T
600w PSU
M4A79xtd evo
4x4 gb RAM
1440x900 res

All and any help is appreciated.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crossfirex
  1. Uninstall the drivers with one card in, shut down put both cards in start up and reinstall the drivers with them both in.
  2. Okay I just tried that, and it is still showing that I have only one GPU. I don't have any clue on what to try next..
  3. Best answer
    Does a single card work in the second slot?
  4. Yes, I got one to work in the second slot just now. Now I am going to try them both at the same time. Thank you for the advice, will reply soon
  5. SUCCESS! Thank you ssooo much!! If I had not of tried your advice, I wouldn't have noticed that my motherboard was screwed in so tight that I couldn't fit the card in. It is much appreciated.
  6. Great enjoy!
  7. Best answer selected by Foosemuck.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Crossfire Graphics