Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I need help with Crossfirex

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 1, 2011 7:27:33 PM

About 2 months ago I bought an ASUS HD 6670 GPU for my computer. I chose this one because it was in my price range and it said it was crossfirex ready, knowing that I might want to crossfire in the future when I had some more money.

So the time came about a week ago when I ordered the second ASUS HD 6670.

Here is where the problem starts.

I cannot get the both to be detected at the same time. I have 2 PCI-e slots on my M4A79xtd evo and the motherboard is crossfire compatible.
I plug one into the first slot and it works like it supposed to, then I take that one out and plug the other one in the first slot and that one work like it is supposed to as well.

When I plug them both in, only one is detected. (According to GPU-z) I looked up how to enable crossfire and all the walktroughs say to go to CCC -> performance -> enable Crossfire (or something along the lines of that). Whenever I go to CCC and follow the walkthrough that option isn't there. Whenever I search for CCC AMD VISION Engine Control Center comes up, I don't know if these are the same things, but if they aren't I don't know how to get to CCC.

But that is the secondary problem, the main problem is getting my computer to detect them both.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II x6 BE 1090T
600w PSU
M4A79xtd evo
4x4 gb RAM
1440x900 res

All and any help is appreciated.

More about : crossfirex

a c 1362 U Graphics card
December 1, 2011 9:33:41 PM

Uninstall the drivers with one card in, shut down put both cards in start up and reinstall the drivers with them both in.
Score
December 1, 2011 11:49:00 PM

Okay I just tried that, and it is still showing that I have only one GPU. I don't have any clue on what to try next..
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 1362 U Graphics card
December 1, 2011 11:56:14 PM

Does a single card work in the second slot?
December 2, 2011 12:26:08 AM

Yes, I got one to work in the second slot just now. Now I am going to try them both at the same time. Thank you for the advice, will reply soon
Score
December 2, 2011 12:36:28 AM

SUCCESS! Thank you ssooo much!! If I had not of tried your advice, I wouldn't have noticed that my motherboard was screwed in so tight that I couldn't fit the card in. It is much appreciated.
Score
a c 1362 U Graphics card
December 2, 2011 12:49:37 AM

Great enjoy!
Score
December 9, 2011 10:07:50 PM

Best answer selected by Foosemuck.
Score
!