I'm building a system for my wife, and I would like it to be relatively quiet, which is why I don't want it to be all vented. It will go in an enclosure (open back, very airy) on the floor next to her desk, so I would like the front controls to be high on the front or top mounted.
- Stylish, but not flashy or weirdly shaped. Black is good.
- Ideally 2 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 2.0 front ports
- Controls, ports, etc are high up on the front panel, since it will be sitting below her desk.
- Minimum of mesh. I would like it quiet, and I believe that more mesh = less quiet.
- Good airflow given 2x"Gentle Typhoon" fans
- Good cable management
- As cheap as possible ($75 or less)
Here is what is going into it:
Motherboard : Asus P8Z77-V ProP8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU : Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W - will prob do gentle overclock, if possible.
CPU Cooler: ZEROtherm Core92 CPU Cooler
Hard Drive: WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB - WD1002FAEX
HD Silencer: LOGISYS Computer HS102SL
RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB
SSD Cache Drive: OCZ Synapse Cache SYN-25SAT3-64G
Video Card: Gigabyte GV-R777OC-1GD 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W
Fans: 2 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B5AP-15
Fan gaskets: 120mm Rubber Fan Silencer - I will also use rubber pins and/or grommets to mount the fans.
That amount of USB ports is hard to meet..
And don't worry about mesh so much, just turn the fans down to low.
I have an antec 1200 http://store.antec.com/productimages/Originals/root/120...
All fans on low, barely hear it, and I have a cpu over clocked from 3.4 to 4.2 that never goes above 60c.
Mesh: Not an issue.