Intel 2500k 100 % CPU Usage

While playing Battlefield 3 my CPU has been at 100% and causing the game to stutter , while just browsing normally it has been at 50%-70% , I had it over clocked to 4.2GHz but brought it back down to stock ,does anybody have any idea what the problem is?
10 answers Last reply
More about intel 2500k usage
  1. What the hell are you running in the background such that it's at 50-70% while browsing?
  2. i have a 2550k at 4.4 and while browsing websides it does not go over 20%
    go to task manager and see what service is taking to much of your cpu
  3. Teamspeak and steam really , I dont really know whats going on only encountered this problem about 3 days ago
  4. Could it perhaps be some sort of virus?
  5. How much ram are you running?
    BF3 slaughters system ram, even at 4gb you will lose performance , go for 8gb and you will see a big difference.
  6. monsta said:
    How much ram are you running?
    BF3 slaughters system ram, even at 4gb you will lose performance , go for 8gb and you will see a big difference.

He just encountered the problem a few days ago though.
  7. Ahh ok , thanks loco.
    Early morning here.LOL
  8. I would have to agree that it's probably an additional program. If you encounter it again just do the good 'ol CTRL+Shift+ Esc and see what's chewin up your system resources.
  9. Do the usual anti-virus, malware, etc FULL scans.

If nothing found try a combination of Task Manager, Process Monitor( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645 ) and Process Explorer( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653 ). Hopefully task manager should pinpoint it alone. Either way, you should be able to pinpoint the culprit/s. Come back here if you need more info.

Your 2500k @ 4.2 should kick ass & not be the root cause :)
  10. Thanks for all the help guys , The problem seems to be just with the multiplayer aspect of battlefield3 , no other games react in such a way. As for the high percentage for browsing these seemed to come from EA's Origin (used to run Battlefield 3 ) so im just going to steer clear of them for the time being
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Battlefield Intel