New build failing to boot!?

Hi,

I builded a new computer for a couple of weeks ago and today it stoped working. This is the spec :

CPU : Intel Core i7 2600K
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P B3 (BIOS F6)
Graphic : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Windforce
Memmory : Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz XMS3 1,5V OS
Harddrive : Samsung 830 128 GB SSD
Chassi : Fractal Design Define r3
Powersupply : Corsair 650W Modulärt

Today when I started the computer the following happend :

1. Press power button
2. Fans starts and 6 diods lights up on the motherboard(green/yellow/red)
3. Computer shutsdown after couple of sek(not even the BIOS splash is shown)
4. Computer start up again after a couple of sek
5. BIOS splash is shown but its not possible to enter the BIOS
6. Computer shutsdown.

And this is running in a loop over and over again

I installed a new BIOS (F6) a couple of days ago on Gigabytes request to make the start up faster. After the update I set my memmory to 1600Mhz and this worked great. The computer did hower pompted a dialog at startup twice about overcloking faild and that its setting it back to 1333 mhz? The computer did however run well.

Yesterday there was slot of windows updates(after fresh installation) so I let the computer run untill it was finished.

Today when I started the computer i got the problem that is descirbed above.

Finding the problem

This is what I have tested :

1. Remove the memory sticks
2. Remove the hd cables (power/SATA)
3. Remove Graphiccard
4. Switch Powersupply (Antec 650 watt)
5. Removed the battery and short-circuit it to set BIOS to default settings

I have tried to start the computer Between each step but the exact same problem is pressent. I Do not have it hooked up to a display right now but It does the same restarts.

I could conintue with the seach, swithc memmiry, CPU, Graphiccard but is it worth the work? Or Is it defently the motherbord that is failing and needs to be replaced?

Thankful for all help.

BestRegards
6 answers Last reply
More about build failing boot
  1. Quote:
    I installed a new BIOS (F6) a couple of days ago on Gigabytes request to make the start up faster. After the update I set my memmory to 1600Mhz and this worked great. The computer did hower pompted a dialog at startup twice about overcloking faild and that its setting it back to 1333 mhz? The computer did however run well.

This could be your problem right here. Any time you try to run your RAM at a certain speed the motherboard might not recognize it, causing it to fail. Try loading your defaults and see what that does.
  2. Only thing next to suggest is to replace the motherboard or test on a different one..
  3. g-unit1111 said:
    Quote:

This could be your problem right here. Any time you try to run your RAM at a certain speed the motherboard might not recognize it, causing it to fail. Try loading your defaults and see what that does.

OP said he cant even reach the bios
  4. Thats correct, I never get to the BIOS. But removing the battery and short-circuit it should set it the default, right?

Here is two videos I took, sorry for bad quality :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75697952@N08/6797293141/in/photostream

Another graphiccard(5850) and another memory stick(that I know works). The graphiccard do not sound well in this video?

This is with the current graphiccard :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75697952@N08/6797286373/in/photostream

No extra sound from the graphiccard but its not starting.
  5. Check the motherboard manual on the proper way to reset a Gigabyte BIOS.
  6. I have now placed the motherboard on the motherboard box(out side the case) but its the same problem even when only the CPU and a memmory stick is installed.

I have tried to reset the BIOS several times the way that the manual states.

When starting the motherboard do never give me any sound at all(as you can see in the video).

It feels like the motherboard is gone.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems