Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Headset and Soundcard??

Last response: in Components
May 15, 2012 7:12:25 PM

I'm looking to get a new gaming headset but thought I would also ask if it's worth replacing the onboard Soundcard that's on my ASRock Fatal1ty Pro Z77 motherboard with something else or will it be good enough??

If I'm just getting the headset then my budget is around £100.

If I will also need a Soundcard then I can add an extra £50 or so but only if it's really going to be worth it over the ASRock Fatal1ty Pro motherboard Soundcard.

Hope u guys can help me
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
May 15, 2012 8:40:27 PM

if your looking at a usb gaming headset, as many of them are, then it will bypass any soundcard you have installed and use its built in one.
May 15, 2012 9:43:08 PM

Ok, so that factored in.... Any headset suggestions for my price range?

SteelSeries 7H Fnatic, SteelSeries Diablo III Headset, Tritton AX 180, Tritton AX720 7.1 and the Mad Catz Cybork F.R.E.Q 5 have all caught my eye, any opinions about these??
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
May 16, 2012 12:54:14 AM

You might want to let people know if you wear glases or not. I do and comfort with glasses varies quite a bit I've found. I havent tried any of those that you named so cant provide any feedback for you.
May 16, 2012 3:14:34 AM

I do wear glasses while gaming so that would also need to be taken in to consideration.
May 17, 2012 7:45:30 AM

I've been looking at the Sound Blaster Recon 3D Fatal1ty Champion Soundcard to go with Astro A40's - would this be a good matching for a soundcard and headset??
!