Sign in with
Your question

New Pc lagging/freezing

Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2012 6:22:54 PM

Hi.
I just bought a new computer which was built by my friend and got it a couple days ago, but one the second i had started installing programms on it it froze, and continued doing it everytime i opened something ( mozilla, spotify and such). It have gotten a little better after the first day, but it still freezes on wierd times as when i open a new tab on Mozilla or when i open a random program. I can still play games as WoW fine on good graphics setting, but on a random time it can freeze ( have only frozen 3-4 times when gaming).

Also when it freezes and i Ctrl + alt + del i just get black screen, and often when it starts lagging i Ctrl + alt + del it will give black screen.
Have run Speccy and it seems fine from what i can see.

If anyone have a idea what the problem could be i would be very happy for an answear.

NZXT H2 Midi Tower Sort

Corsair HX 650W PSU

Intel® Core i5-2500 Processor

MSI H61MA-E35 (B3), Socket-1155

Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9

Gainward GeForce GTX 560 1GB PhysX

Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S

Corsair SSD Nova Series 2, 60GB

Kingston SSD 2.5" to 3.5" Bracket SATA

Western Digital Caviar® Blue 1TB

More about : lagging freezing

January 31, 2012 6:56:51 PM

I would try testing the ram first to see if any of it is bad. You can try running memtest86+ or I believe windows 7 has its own ram test program as well. You can try reseating the memory in its slots as well, in case one of the sticks is not sitting in the slot correctly. Also try booting the computer with just a single stick and see if the problem persists, if it does not, swap sticks and see if it works with the other one as well. Try the ram in different slots as well to rule out a bad memory slot on the system board.
!