Looking for opinions on a Homebuilt system

Good day to you,

I have approached the community because I am looking for opinions on a system I constructed 6 months ago and am happy with; but I am curious as to what the community thinks and if there are any obvious bottlenecks which I can sort.

CPU: Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6Ghz @ 1.43V
Cooler: CM Hyper 212 plus
Mbd: Asus M4A87TD/USB3
RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x2Gb 1333MHz Timings from CPU-Z DRAM Freq 602Mhz, 3:8. 9-9-9-24
GPU: XFX ATI Radeon 6950 1gb. flashed to 6970's shader count. Clock 840Mhz, Memory 1325Mhz
PSU: Modxstream-pro 700W
HDD: Hitachi Deskstar 2TB.

I mainly use the system for gaming at 1920x1200 resolution, and was from a very tight budget.

I look forward to your comments.

Best regards

LA
6 answers Last reply
More about looking opinions homebuilt system
  1. In terms of gaming performance that's pretty well balanced to be honest. If you want to upgrade though you could add a SSD to help loading/booting times. Alternatively you could get a nicer mouse, keyboard, headset or monitor.
  2. I agree with jmsellars1, that is a very nice system. The only logical upgrade would be to add a SSD. Other than that, very nice. (Wish I had a 6950) :)
  3. Check out a mechanical keyboard. I think my Das is the single most important piece of hardware in my entire system; it's changed my PC life.
  4. Thank you very much for your feedback.

I will investigate the mechanical keyboards as proposed, I do confess that I really appreciate a good keyboard.

Cheers

LA
  5. How much are you willing to spend on upgrades overall? A 120gb SSD plus a Razer BlackWidow would run $220ish, with $140 for the SSD and $80 for the keyboard.
  6. I am very tempted by the SSD. I am building a computer for a friend now - which will be based around an SSD - so will see how that build goes before making a decision.

Thanks for the help and advise!
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems